Art you like (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 359
  • Views 53K
  • Watchers 11

prefuse

I went to the last day of Kim Gordon exhibition in the IMMA. One or two of the paintings were okay at best & there was a sign with dead machines written on it. The rest was totally meh. If I'm being honest, rubbish. Saw the Lucien Freud & Jack B Yeates exhibitions. They are proper painters. The could do it all.

magicbastarder

Website
stroma.org
i've been watching some of this chap's videos - an art restorer in the states - and they're quite relaxing. there's a full ASMR version of this video, of him just scraping varnish off a painting, if that's your bag:

spoiler alert: the videos can be a bit repetitive.

hydromancer

I've seen some of those restoration videos before it can be interesting to see what's underneath all the years or even centuries of accumulated dust and stuff.

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Sometimes they even have pictures of Jesus underneath it all

Attempted_restoration_of_Ecce_Homo.jpg

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
His work on Missionary Man in the 90s is some of my favourite.
Yeah. His Shimura art was lovely too

This is a great book. I wouldn't normally bother with Superman but this is exceptional

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com

RHA annual exhibition is on for the month of October. Some really excellent work on display including a piece by my wife.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Weird, I was trying to think of the name of that Shimura strip last week and kept drawing a blank. Reading your post just scratched a massive cognitive itch!
I remember an English teacher working in Japan writing to the Megazine explaining that the children in his class couldn't relate to Shimura as the city streets, as depicted by Frank Quitely were so sparse and empty. I found it interesting.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
I remember an English teacher working in Japan writing to the Megazine explaining that the children in his class couldn't relate to Shimura as the city streets, as depicted by Frank Quitely were so sparse and empty. I found it interesting.
I got a letter published in the Megazine around that time. They sent me a copy of the first Judge Dredd/Batman crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• Our Favourite Shop
    Walls Come Tumbling Down
    The Style Council
    Our Favourite Shop

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads