Are Tortoise playing Whelans? (1 Viewer)

I hope they get a decent set length. Saw them at the analog festival in 2008 where they had an hour long set. It just seemed like they were getting warmed up when they had to finish. Amazing band, live and on record. Pumped to see them in a small venue.

Anybody know stage times fot this? Going to the bollocks that is Oxegen but coming back. My lady friend want's to see Wild Beasts at 7.10 but I don't want to miss any of Tortoise.

Jeff Martin & full band 8.25pm
Tortoise 9.15pm

Anybody know stage times fot this? Going to the bollocks that is Oxegen but coming back. My lady friend want's to see Wild Beasts at 7.10 but I don't want to miss any of Tortoise.

really enjoyed this. i havent listened to them since that dreadful gig in the olympia after standards came out and i only went to night out of curiosity really, not expecting much, but it was deadly. a lot of stuff i didnt recognize. i'd be reluctant to catch up with the albums now as i doubt they'd be as exciting if you've heard the live versions first. what album is that last song off? the bass player is totally hot.

Good, good, I'm glad it was good. I had a ticket and couldn't go, but I'm glad that the folks who went along had a good time.FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITYFUCKITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, did they play Gamera, by any chance? Because if they did, I may have to kill someone

That was a really really great gig. Took them about three songs to warm up and then they really went for it.

pavlos - they didn't play Gamera. Didn't play anything from the first two albums at all, but they did a song off Standards that i haven't seen them play in years, and wasn't expecting at all.

shaney - the last song was the outro to 'The Lithium Stiffs' and then 'Crest' off It's All Around You. Epic stuff!

fucking amazing live band. not to be missed. they take those mellow tunes and turn them into a party. i'm not joking. seen them about 5 times now (on 4 continents!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back