Are these actual recruits or just a bunch of gym headers looking to challenge themselves?? (1 Viewer)

That show is so LOL, the way the sergeants all try to act tough and shit. You'd be pure Private Piles laughing at them and there'd be fuck all they could do about it except send you home.
I work with a guy here, ex-Marine

And he's ALL about joining the French foreign legion
But he looked into Ireland first - said we only have a Defence Force and he needs an army

So I guess this SPecial Forces is just like these Boot Camps you see in Fairview Park
And we don't have that kind of thing for reals

I work with a guy here, ex-Marine

And he's ALL about joining the French foreign legion
But he looked into Ireland first - said we only have a Defence Force and he needs an army

So I guess this SPecial Forces is just like these Boot Camps you see in Fairview Park
And we don't have that kind of thing for reals

I think it was the BBC made a version of that show as well, were the trainees went through 5 different special forces trainers in a week, from all different countries. There was a South Korean special forces trainer on it who was an absolute joke, if you were on the show you'd just walk off and when they asked you why you'd be like "Because you're putting clowns like this in charge" haha.
It was brilliant how noticeable it was too, because of the contrast with the other special forces ones they had on. Like you wouldn't mess with the South African lads for a second, they actually looked like they'd just batter you.

The French ones on that show seemed pretty tough alright.
I think one of the things that's so funny about the Irish version is that the sergeants are always going "Fucking this and fucking that" as if saying fuck is meant to make you scared of them, haha. Instead you'd be there like "If you lads were actually anything to worry about, you wouldn't even need to be shouting."

I dunno, I know a lad in the Irish defence forces, he spent a fair amount of time off on various "peacekeeping" missions that he'd rather not get into. I mean, I get the impression he wasn't gunning down innocents as much as other armies but he's certainly seen and done shit that no one should.

The foreign legion guys that I've interacted with have had a definite reason for being FFL. And by reason I mean criminal record, and clear mental health problems.

No judgment on criminal records, I'd imagine a lot of Irish people would have one if American rules were applied. Nor mental health problems. Glass houses and all that.

But the legion guys I've interacted with were a different lot. I've met zero legion guys that finished, toured, and got out successfully. None. I've met one who got worried about a specific tattoo that was looking at him one night, resulting in him having to cut that tattoo out of himself. That night. The butchery. I remember up to the point that he showed me the result of his handy word, from that point on is blank.

There was a few former legion lads couriering motorbikes around Dublin 20 odd years ago. The Foreign legion was crazy because that was where you ended up if you fell out of society. But then there were lads who fell out of the Legion. I imagined them getting chased down, but that's not the case. They fall out of the Legion, and end up on Honda NT650s delivering letters for lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back