Arachnophobia - you know, spiders and stuff (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 699
  • Views 105K
  • Watchers 12
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, by my eldest was having a birthday party out by the forest near me, and we were doing some barbecuing. I heard shouts about "THAT'S A BLACK WIDOW" and so on.

So, I ignored it, naturally. Because there are no black widows around here.

"SOMEONE GET A STICK, I NEED TO POKE HIM"

OK. I'll... just carry on ignoring them. This is fine.

"DADDY DADDY, THERE'S A BLACK WIDOW! HAVE A LOOK"

Ok, well, there isn't a black widows around here, but yes, let's have a look :) Kids are now fanning out looking for sticks, another pile of kids is focused on a spot on the ground, poking. Let's see what all this fuss is about. Sure enough of course it was a black widow, with about 4 kids currently poking it. Turns out black widow shpiders do live around here after all.

They also live in your slippers and your American football helmets

I used to sit next to an Libyan lad, he pulled on a pair of football boots he'd left down for maybe half an hour, and there was a deathstalker scorpion in the boot which stung the crap out of him. He was saying the pain was at the point of making him pass out.

He was saying he always checked his shoes and slippers, that was the only time he didn't because he was watching the game he got distracted. Seemingly they really like shoes, they think they're perfect little hidey holes.

This is good for everyone to know about I would think

Like, the parents drill this into their kids since birth almost. I think they'd be a risk to a small child's life.

Bashir was saying when he got back and told his folks his Ma just started giving out to him. Zero sympathy.

Bear in mind I'm mostly dragging this shit out on the off chance that somebody that doesn't like spiders looks at this thread, haha

I dunno. Its not like one of those threads that is completley about something else. The title is pretty clear. Like loads of threads on here say they are about different things but they are actually about muscular smiling Eamon Ryan cartoon.

I read the other day that he owns a cycling tour company and therefore would make money himself from better cycling infrastructure. Fuck it though, should be better cycling infrastructure anyway.

Also, this is Ryan at night
stuart-sutcliffe-norris-spider-head.jpg

People in America are asking me about "that green cyclist guy".

At 11pm last night I got a message through the work MS Teams thing asking me what his name was. I don't know what is going on exactly, but right now Eamon Ryan is where it's at.

Wasn't that bike shop in Belfield a shipping container at one point? I think that's the last time I've seen the lad. When I was 15, and I was being brave and looking inside UCD. (For some reason I thought Universities were strictly off limits).

The eyes on this lad. Eyes on front. Obvs. With backups.

Then there's eyes on top. And there's MORE eyes out all the way on the side there.

8 eyes. 8 legs. That's an awful lot of I/O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back