Aphex Twin (1 Viewer)

More importantly, anyone know if this forbidden fruit gig is a live performance or DJ set.

I "saw" him back in the 90's & I'm not convinced he was actually there...

Haven't heard about any other gigs when he's here - i imagine they'd be well publicised. Supposed to be a liveset not a dj set, the same as his BLOC 2011 set which got good reviews.

the last two times i've seen him have been liveset's, did see his dj set at atp around 5 years ago which wasn't up to much

More importantly, anyone know if this forbidden fruit gig is a live performance or DJ set.

I "saw" him back in the 90's & I'm not convinced he was actually there...

I was at that too and didn't have a clue if he was DJ'ing or not. Looking forward to seeing what he does on Saturday.

In fairness, a lot of his "live" sets appear to be just DJ sets done on a laptop. He can still be pretty great live though

So the days of sandpaper on a turntable & home made electronics are long gone then...

nah he was shit at bloc this year. was a fairly dull dj set with a small amount of his own tunes mixed in with some silly selections like nighthunter by fisT. even odder was when he dropped ramadanman and jam city- maybe he thought bloc has become a dubstep fest and he was trying to fit in. and it was only 60 mins. his earlier appearance in 2009? was way better, a live collaberation with florian hecker that was one of the most fucked up experiences of my life. felt like an alien abduction or something. im presuming weirdcore will be with him on saturday, so FF better have some deadly screens for the crowd face mapping. hopefully he wont disappoint, but i wouldnt hold my breath. its a pity he puts so little effort into his dj sets, id say he makes really silly money from them. he just to play in dublin frequently enough years ago without being on the bill, just at weird partys and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back