Anyone watching the Euro U-21s ? (1 Viewer)

washingcattle

Contributor
Breaks down like this so far Holland Italy and Spain look very very strong. Germany got a hiding of Holland for 45 minutes then started playing.

England were shite.

Some really great players on show, Isco and Verratti have been absolutely amazing.

Spain just shading it at the moment, they're great to watch when they actually want to attack, it's the raking 35 yard balls backwards that really make me want to punch them. Germany really don't have many big names in their side but when they have the ball they attack so quickly, So little play acting at under 21 level, really entertaining game so far. Hope Germany pip it, to keep the last round of group matches in that group interesting.

Spain just shading it at the moment, they're great to watch when they actually want to attack, it's the raking 35 yard balls backwards that really make me want to punch them. Germany really don't have many big names in their side but when they have the ball they attack so quickly, So little play acting at under 21 level, really entertaining game so far. Hope Germany pip it, to keep the last round of group matches in that group interesting.

Good game, was impressed by the German Kid Hermmann, and by Rodrigo for Spain, and by Isco and Thiago naturally but they're senior pros really.

nope, boycotting it cos it's in Israel
In a way I am too, by streaming, i.e stealing it.

Spain were a joy to watch tonight, a proper formation, real attacking intent, genuine width, pace, flair guile. It reminded me of the euros in 2008 when they were watchable at senior level. Tello and Isco really are damn fine players.

Spain were very good today, but they fielded a closer to full strength side than the also already through Dutch. Won 3-0 but it really goes to show that you need to take your chances, twice the Dutch missed complete sitters and the Spanish went right back up the other end and scored.

Didn't bother watching it since both sides were already through. Italy vs Holland and Spain Vs Norway in the semis. So we could well end up with the same final as the senior level tournament.

Final has been enjoyable, Italy had a go but Spain were a class apart.

It is entirely plausible that Thiago Alcantara, born in Italy to a Brazillian pro, but raised in part in Spain will one day play in a World Cup against his brother Rafihna who was born in, and represents, Brazil.

Less likely becasue I'm not sure he'll make the jump to seniors Morata looks like the real gem when it comes to strikers in this side, their cousin Rodrigo, who was in the Spain u-21 squad despite being born in Rio could also be in that theoretical game.

Final has been enjoyable, Italy had a go but Spain were a class apart.

It is entirely plausible that Thiago Alcantara, born in Italy to a Brazillian pro, but raised in part in Spain will one day play in a World Cup against his brother Rafihna who was born in, and represents, Brazil.

Less likely becasue I'm not sure he'll make the jump to seniors Morata looks like the real gem when it comes to strikers in this side, their cousin Rodrigo, who was in the Spain u-21 squad despite being born in Rio could also be in that theoretical game.

Sure didn't Kev Prince and Jerome Boateng nearly play against each other. Except that Kev has retired from international football these days. So that's not going to happen. As you were.

Wilson Palacios (Honduras) has 3 brothers, and all 4 of them have played for the Honduras national team at some point. They had a younger brother too who was kidnapped and found dead a year later. Apparently some cousin of theirs or something is also going to play for Honduras very soon.

Sure didn't Eifur Gudjonssen come on for his dad for Iceland when he was 17 and the old man was 34. Sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back