Anyone play a semi acoustic (hollow body) guitar yoke thing? (1 Viewer)

I suspect J'le'stress is the man to consult on this one, but i've had a loaner for a few months and

i am in love with it.
lovely darkish tones, and it breaks up my amp better than the strat, but thats the humbuckers i think
more sustain
can cover the acoustic stuff too

however

I cant really throw it about like my strat

Seem like they might be a bit more delicate alright... I want that dark sustainey tone... try to get my hands on one before I don't have any money and/or regain sense of monetary situation

I once had..about 17 years ago,a BEAUTIFUL Aria semi solid full body BEAUT of a guitar.Aww man..it was fecking unreal..I thought I was gonna be the next George Benson..anyway..I lost it to an unpaid pawn ticket.

One thing about it though and I think this might be the case with all such guitars..they feedback alarmingly easily.

I once had..about 17 years ago,a BEAUTIFUL Aria semi solid full body BEAUT of a guitar.Aww man..it was fecking unreal..I thought I was gonna be the next George Benson..anyway..I lost it to an unpaid pawn ticket.

One thing about it though and I think this might be the case with all such guitars..they feedback alarmingly easily.

Yeah wont make much sense to be using it with fuzz / distortion.
Crazy feedback at low volumes

I have a few semi-hollow body guitars. The Gretsch 6120 is the best, but expensive

The Peavey Rockingham is a nice cheap alternative to the Gretsch- about €250 -great big fat body on it.

I also have this cheapo Washburn, €199, Great little guitar
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

.they feedback alarmingly easily.

Isn't the trick to fill it full of old newspapers(new ones don't sound the same)?

Probably dramatically effects the sound though. I saw the guitar player from Entombed use a 335,although it could have been some variation with the solid bar inside as I'm not all that familiar with that extended family of guitars.

I used the guitar above in two of my bands-- distortion all the way. I never had a problem with feedback. But then it isn't the most hollow of hollow body guitars

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back