• Start date
  • Replies 116
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 9

Unknown Convict

Website
www.bop.gov

dunderhead

The second volume of Analog Africa's African Scream Contest compilation is absolutely brilliant.
Been out out for a couple of years but only getting around to it now.
Was snapping up a lot of their releases initially a few years back but started being released thick and fast and I think the quality of some of them dipped a little bit. Gonna have to start working back to see what I might have overlooked. this is one example of the gold in this comp. Goes without saying the first volume is amazing also but I'm sure that has been mentioned on this thread over the years

flashback

I don't know if Rokia was mentioned already, andI don't understand Malian, but this song breaks my heart. I have to be in private to listen to it.

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
This sounds like it’s going to be amazing.

Nate Champion

'Hedzoleh Soundz were one of the first and most original ‘Afro’ bands from 1970s Ghana, playing an unusual mix of traditional music and western rock as part of the West African Highlife scene. They met South African trumpeter Hugh Masekela in late 1973, the music for the ‘Hedzoleh’ album used by Masekela as the backbone to his afo-jazz classic, “Masekela – Introducing Hedzoleh Soundz”.'

Worth a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads