anyone got a number i can ring to vent my anger to aerlingus? (1 Viewer)

the departed

so im just back from jersey. i was originally supposed to be flying out tomorrow with aerlingus but due to the fact that it said on their website on saturday that the strike action was going ahead, i had to change my flight plans. after looking online i saw that there were no available flights out of jersey with aerlingus until saturday(which may have been sold out). but i HAD to get home to film the battles gig this friday. so in desperation i booked a flight with BMI to london from jersey at a cost of 130 sterling. aerlingus transferred my details to a london to dublin flight. it was literally the only way i could get home and i had to do it.
but now it turns out the strikes are cancelled and im 180 quid poorer and had one less day of a holiday. the thing is it said on the website that the strikes were going to go ahead. but they didnt.
fuck im actually raging here. is there anything i can do?

It was your decision to swap the tickets. They'll tell you to fuck off. I know, it's bullshit, but airlines are utter bastards for this kind of thing.

i cant find it. only got a fax number...which might actually be better. give me time to word my complaint properly..

but do you folks think theres anything i can do?

It was your decision to swap the tickets. They'll tell you to fuck off. I know, it's bullshit, but airlines are utter bastards for this kind of thing.
thanks dude. im gonna tell them that i made the decision to swap the ticket on the grounds that the strikes were confirmed. sure ill try it out.

Ah it's not that i'm trying to say you have no case, you're dead right like, but i've had a number of runins with airlines and they'll always find some way to tell you to fuck off, and in this instance i'd say it'll be that you decided to swap the tickets because you thought you wouldn't be able to get home. Besides which, there's no way they'll give you what the other flight costs you, any renumeration is based on what you paid for your initial ticket, from what i remember anyways.

bombjoke.jpg

Awh I feel your pain dude. That really is shit. I am flying to the States on Thursday and was in a total panic that i might have my flight cancelled but luckily for me they were talking only Tues and Weds. I don't think you'll have much luck in getting refunded but i guess it's worth a try or at least to vent some anger. They probably have the phones off the hook though this week!

:rolleyes:

Here, don't go ringing just for the satisfaction of shouting at someone over the phone. You're not shouting at Aer Lingus, you're shouting at some poor fucker getting paid probably fuck all to take enquiries. It's not their fault.

Here, don't go ringing just for the satisfaction of shouting at someone over the phone. You're not shouting at Aer Lingus, you're shouting at some poor fucker getting paid probably fuck all to take enquiries. It's not their fault.
youre dead right rsj. i was pretty heated as it was on the radio as i came in the door after my flight. wouldve ripped the head of mr lingus. fuck it. ill send on a fax just to see what they say. i dont expect money or anything. just a little apology. and some free flights:D
money is only money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back