Anyone following the youtube guitar community drama? (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

There a bit of drama going on in YouTube land. It started with this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Followed by this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Initially the majority were on Rob Chapman's side. They tore into KDH. He took his video down. Then a few more videos were made by other channels criticizing Rob & it has turned into an anti Chapman backlash. He seems to have gone to ground. Must be a concern since he built his business via YouTube.

Care to summarise it for those of us that aren't even going to watch a single second of those videos?

Most likely someone said something,someone disagreed with it and felt a need to comment on it,everyone else felt left out and as a result felt the need to also comment eventually leading to some unboxing,reaction and fan edit videos.

I watched it and am familiar with the guy from some of the guitar demos he always came across as a knob really.

I don't mind Rob Chapman at all. No interest in his guitars or bands but the videos can be alright.

That's the guy who started it all.

Some of the comments on the videos are just ridiculous. Neither of them have killed or molosted anyone but the millennial keyboard warriors are so offended that someone said something they don't like & they must be destroyed. They're the internet equivalent of piranha fish.

So Chapman posted an apology video & the comments have done a 180. It's all gone back to normal. The millennial outrage mob have moved on to another target. They've probably gone back to trying to get Graham Linehan to kill himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back