Anyone any tips for toilet unblocking? (1 Viewer)

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Anyway my Ask Thumped is give me tips on toilet drain unblocking.

Over the last week or so the toilet has started draining slowly and the water isn't dropping to its normal level in the bowl, ends up visibly a bit higher than it normally would. Been getting a bit worse over the last few days too, few times the bowl is almost filling and then draining really slowly instead of flushing properly. The two of us that normally use that toilet have started using the other jax in the house for safety.

Nothing else in the house seems to be backing up, and the shower in that bathroom has no problems draining, so presumably there is some blockage in the toilet drain. Tried plungering the fuck out of it (even got a new plunger today) and with the plunger today there seemed to be a bit of success, like the water level dropped and there were noises and stuff and seemed like some movement, but then we flushed after and the water is still draining slow and not getting to its normal level. Seemed to drain a little bit better, but not by much.
Also, weird thing we noticed, it seems to drain slower/faster/better/worse at different times of day. Like in the afternoon it's always the worst, then at night tends to drain a lot better (but still not the way it should). I've even been thinking could it be the fucking tides or something.

Anyone any tips for toilet unblocking?

Is it an upstairs loo? I.e. does it drain to a vertical pipe in short order? Any guess as to how much of a horizontal run of pipe there is behind it? Might be worth trying one of those bendy pipe unblockers, that can fit around the u bend. My grandmother blocked up her loo by flushing orange peel down it all the time, I think that's what it took to unblock it.

Over the last week or so the toilet has started draining slowly and the water isn't dropping to its normal level in the bowl, ends up visibly a bit higher than it normally would. Been getting a bit worse over the last few days too, few times the bowl is almost filling and then draining really slowly instead of flushing properly. The two of us that normally use that toilet have started using the other jax in the house for safety.

Nothing else in the house seems to be backing up, and the shower in that bathroom has no problems draining, so presumably there is some blockage in the toilet drain. Tried plungering the fuck out of it (even got a new plunger today) and with the plunger today there seemed to be a bit of success, like the water level dropped and there were noises and stuff and seemed like some movement, but then we flushed after and the water is still draining slow and not getting to its normal level. Seemed to drain a little bit better, but not by much.
Also, weird thing we noticed, it seems to drain slower/faster/better/worse at different times of day. Like in the afternoon it's always the worst, then at night tends to drain a lot better (but still not the way it should). I've even been thinking could it be the fucking tides or something.

DRAIN RODS

Yeah thinking drain rod might be the thing for it alright. Not an upstairs loo, but also the way it is positioned kind of makes it impossible to get any access to the pipe behind it. We did open up a manhole in the garden yesterday, but didn't think to flush and see what would happen. Only after we put it all back in place about 10 minutes later I went "Fuck we should have flushed whilst one of us watched down the manhole to see if we could see anything"

Might have cracked this fucker. 2 nights ago I tried the hot soapy water method, and it seemed to be a little better yesterday although still fairly shit. Then yesterday we plungered it which seemed to help a bit too. Then I did the hot soapy water trick again last night, only this time with more hot water because we'd had the heat on for a bit so I didn't just have to use the fuckin kettle. And today it seems to be a damn sight better – still not quite draining completely normally, but flushing much much better than it was. Gonna try the hot soapy water thing again tonight and see if that takes care of it altogether.

This woman has earned her 2 million+ views!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is someone in your house a serial killer? They caught Dennis Nielsen after he flushed fingers down the toilet and blocked the drain. Just a thought.

What's really weird though is that a couple of days after I thought I'd got it unblocked, it started clogging again, but not too bad, just draining slow. Then after a couple of days of that it just went totally back to normal without us doing anything and it's been fine ever since. Bizarre.

What's really weird though is that a couple of days after I thought I'd got it unblocked, it started clogging again, but not too bad, just draining slow. Then after a couple of days of that it just went totally back to normal without us doing anything and it's been fine ever since. Bizarre.
prob just shitting too much pal

No harm in having one of these in the house if it starts again, and plunging fails

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back