Anyone any experience with 3D printers? (1 Viewer)

Unknown Convict

Website
www.bop.gov
My dad is 80 this month. My brother wants to buy him a tree for his birthday. I want to get him a 3D printer. Anyone experience with one?

He's pretty tech savvy (has built computers in the past). Can I get a decent one for €400-€500 (we're all chipping in)? Any pointers? Ta.

My dad is 80 this month. My brother wants to buy him a tree for his birthday. I want to get him a 3D printer. Anyone experience with one?

He's pretty tech savvy (has built computers in the past). Can I get a decent one for €400-€500 (we're all chipping in)? Any pointers? Ta.
I can confirm trees are pretty great. Don’t know anything about 3D printers.

A friend of mine does the 3d printing in Hackett's, he's a good egg. He says most people (his words) get him to print the parts for a 3d printer kit, and go home and make it themselves. No idea about the ins and outs of this, but it's something I'd love to do, might be useful information for you...
P.S. I owe you an email!

A friend of mine does the 3d printing in Hackett's, he's a good egg. He says most people (his words) get him to print the parts for a 3d printer kit, and go home and make it themselves. No idea about the ins and outs of this, but it's something I'd love to do, might be useful information for you...
P.S. I owe you an email!
Thanks, I know Hackett's well through the day job. (Speaking of which, I might have another for you down Kilkenny way. Check your inbox soon.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back