Any Yokes? (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Thinking of finally getting a tablet in the sales at the end of the month. Anyone able to offer advise on what's good/what I might need. Would probably prefer android as I'm familiar with the platform. Basically I just want to do the stuff on it that I do on my phone at home; browsing, as a controller for things I cast, tweeting etc. no heavy lifting really.

I got one of the entry level lenovo's a few years ago. Like maybe 6 years ago. It doesn't charge as well any more but it legit 100% still works and spending its later life as alarm clock/youtube portal. Got one for one of my parents too and it only stopped working recently.

i too am seeking a tablet but it needs to a. be good for gaming and b. not several hundred of your euros

I'm on my second ever tablet. First one was a Nexus 9 that I picked up cheap in argos. It was great for its time but a couple of years on storage space became a big issue. A lot of games stopped working saying my device wasn't optimised, or even supported.

I decided to pull the trigger on something better during the summer and got a Samsung galaxy (I think its a tab A), with a 10" screen. My criteria was, a big enough screen so I could use it for netflix/prime, new/powerful enough that I wouldn't have to worry about stuff not being supported on it, and it had to have an expansion slot for an SD card. And, the price needed to not be off the scale.

Without doing a whole lot of research one day I went to Harvey Norman in Nutgrove to check out their range. Thats where I spotted this. I got the tablet, a case, insurance, and an SD card for around 250 lids. That was after sweet-talking the sales assistant (who, luckily for me, turned out to be from Latvia), who piled on a shit-load of discounts.

3/4 months down the road and its still deadly. I use it all the time and it has great battery life (charges via USB-C rather than micro-USB). The only problem is I couldnt get the Zwift training app working on it, but that was way down my list of things I needed a tablet for.

I'm on my second ever tablet. First one was a Nexus 9 that I picked up cheap in argos. It was great for its time but a couple of years on storage space became a big issue. A lot of games stopped working saying my device wasn't optimised, or even supported.

I decided to pull the trigger on something better during the summer and got a Samsung galaxy (I think its a tab A), with a 10" screen. My criteria was, a big enough screen so I could use it for netflix/prime, new/powerful enough that I wouldn't have to worry about stuff not being supported on it, and it had to have an expansion slot for an SD card. And, the price needed to not be off the scale.

Without doing a whole lot of research one day I went to Harvey Norman in Nutgrove to check out their range. Thats where I spotted this. I got the tablet, a case, insurance, and an SD card for around 250 lids. That was after sweet-talking the sales assistant (who, luckily for me, turned out to be from Latvia), who piled on a shit-load of discounts.

3/4 months down the road and its still deadly. I use it all the time and it has great battery life (charges via USB-C rather than micro-USB). The only problem is I couldnt get the Zwift training app working on it, but that was way down my list of things I needed a tablet for.
but does it play fortnite?

I have an old ipad4, 2012 model I guess. You can still watch Netflix on it but it's no match for the modern internet generally. I still feel a little like i'm in Star Trek walking around watching a video on it.

I have an old ipad4, 2012 model I guess. You can still watch Netflix on it but it's no match for the modern internet generally. I still feel a little like i'm in Star Trek walking around watching a video on it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Unicron @pete - what's your budget? That's really the deciding factor.

Whatever tablet you're looking at take a look at CeX (UK) Buy & Sell Games, Phones, DVDs, Blu-ray, Electronics, Computing, Vision & CDs for a used version. I've done this many times with devices. The devices have been checked and quality rated either A, B or C. Under non-covid conditions you can walk in to a shop to see it - they'll even bring in stock from other stores.

A is essentially like new, B might be a bit scuffed or missing a charger, C has more obvious damage.

Yes, it's more than you'd pay someone on adverts, but it comes with a guarantee if it turns out to be faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back