Any wrestling fans? (2 Viewers)

I remember seeing guys the The Patriot and Al Perez in the Global Wrestling Federation (who ran the Sportatorium in Dallas after World Class merged with the Jarretts in Memphis) on Screensport around that time.

I remember those. They just to show hour long comps of Jerry Lawlor matches at a time.

Sometimes he was a face, and sometimes he was a hell and I never could tell why because he was The King all the time, the only switch in his gimmick was if he had a metal chain down his trunks or if "the piledriver is illegal in the sate of Tennessee."

I remember those. They just to show hour long comps of Jerry Lawlor matches at a time.

Sometimes he was a face, and sometimes he was a hell and I never could tell why because he was The King all the time, the only switch in his gimmick was if he had a metal chain down his trunks or if "the piledriver is illegal in the sate of Tennessee."

I don’t remember seeing Lawler back then, but somehow I knew who he was when he showed up in the WWF at the end of 1992. I do remember Jeff Jarrett, and the “Renegades Rampage” logo on the ring canvas. And the USWA theme song: Duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-duh DOO-DOO DOO-DOO

Why did nobody tell me about this quality bit of corpsing???

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bootista! 12.03 of perfect pro wrestling posted by WWE yesterday.

Bautista fucking rules.
The Rock is in a load of good craic movies, playing the same part, but he's good at that part so fair enough. Can't imagine you'll ever see him in anything really serious though, closest he's got to that is probably something like Walking Tall. Actually he was good and a more serious character in Black Adam, but it's still just a fuckin superhero film.

Bautista fucking rules.
The Rock is in a load of good craic movies, playing the same part, but he's good at that part so fair enough. Can't imagine you'll ever see him in anything really serious though, closest he's got to that is probably something like Walking Tall. Actually he was good and a more serious character in Black Adam, but it's still just a fuckin superhero film.

Cena has pretty good comic timing in fariness to him.

Even though John Cena Sucks.

Bautista, easily the best wrestler turned actor?
sci-fi film GIF

What a week.

1 - Ospreay vs Omega at the Tokyo Dome. I need to watch it again.
2 - Jeff Jarrett being a highlight of AEW Dynamite with classic old school heel shenanigans.
3 - Succession: WWE style with Vince McMahon announcing he's making himself Chairman again so that WWE can maximise shareholder value via new media rights deal and a sale of the company.

“(Vince McMahon) attempted to come back,” noted one person in the company familiar with everything. Board shut him down. So now he takes it to the shareholders. When he had someone leak out he’s returning, Wall Street freaks out about the protracted fight, stock goes from 80 (bolstered from rumors of sale) to 68. Now he sends out a press release, officially announcing not the exploration but the actual intent to prep for sale, stock jumps in after hours back to 80. It ends up with a direct pitch to the shareholders at the annual meeting. Or it ends up with WWE cutting a deal with him (and potentially George and Michelle, or he’ll cast them aside without second thought). Or it ends up in a bloodbath with a fight that plays out right to the shareholders and a call for a vote. Or it ends u in court. Lot of ways this can play out.”

I was in Newark airport a few years ago on a stopover to somewhere else. I went into the food court to get some grub. I was sitting down munching on my Sbarro cheese pizza when some middle-aged lad sits in beside me. From the time he sat down, person after person came up to him to shake hands with him saying things like, 'big admirer', 'love your work', 'big fan'. He was humble, shook hands with everyone, but didn't entertain chatting to anyone for too long.

When I got up to leave I noticed he had a WWE t-shirt on, for one of those Royal Rumble events (or something like that), so he was obviously some wrestling lad.

He's probably the most famous person I've ever eaten pizza beside in an airport, but to this day I haven't a clue he was.

Maybe I need to take it to the Ask Thumped, thread.

I was in Newark airport a few years ago on a stopover to somewhere else. I went into the food court to get some grub. I was sitting down munching on my Sbarro cheese pizza when some middle-aged lad sits in beside me. From the time he sat down, person after person came up to him to shake hands with him saying things like, 'big admirer', 'love your work', 'big fan'. He was humble, shook hands with everyone, but didn't entertain chatting to anyone for too long.

When I got up to leave I noticed he had a WWE t-shirt on, for one of those Royal Rumble events (or something like that), so he was obviously some wrestling lad.

He's probably the most famous person I've ever eaten pizza beside in an airport, but to this day I haven't a clue he was.

Maybe I need to take it to the Ask Thumped, thread.

“Big middle-aged lad” could describe most of the classic WWF roster, haha! Any other distinguishing characteristics that you remember? And what time of year was this (to narrow down what the show might have been and who might’ve been there).

“Big middle-aged lad” could describe most of the classic WWF roster, haha! Any other distinguishing characteristics that you remember? And what time of year was this (to narrow down what the show might have been and who might’ve been there).
bit of a belly on him, balding, but straggly hairs going in every direction around the bald spot. Can't remember what food he ordered!

Dunno if this last bit is true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back