Any wrestling fans? (3 Viewers)

They need Charlotte in the match. Or rather, Ronda needs her because she is Not Good and one can't expect Becky, as good as wrestler as she is, to carry a novice like Ronda to a five-star match. Putting Charlotte in there takes the pressure off Ronda so she can play to her strengths, and Becky and Charlotte can have their own WrestleMania moments. The feud was between the two of them to begin with, which everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten. The triple threat is a win-win.

I'm generally not a fan of the match format but yes I can see where you're coming from. I think Ronda is better than not good as it happens but she's certainly a step down from the other 2 involved.

Perhaps I'm being parochial and I know that Rousey has a serious amount of mainstream appeal but this match doesn't get this spot without Lynch, she was the best character on WWF TV all last year. I'm chuffed for her the same was I was for Bryan getting to the main event.

I'm generally not a fan of the match format but yes I can see where you're coming from. I think Ronda is better than not good as it happens but she's certainly a step down from the other 2 involved.

Perhaps I'm being parochial and I know that Rousey has a serious amount of mainstream appeal but this match doesn't get this spot without Lynch, she was the best character on WWF TV all last year. I'm chuffed for her the same was I was for Bryan getting to the main event.

Let's be real, though: this match is the main event because Ronda's a celebrity, not because Becky is the hottest character they've got going right now. Cynical I know, but I've learned to be cynical about anything Vince McMahon does.

Josh Barnett vs Minoru Suzuki from Bloodsport in New Jersey (last night I think) was absolutely fantastic if you like MMA and wrestling.

The buildup to Mania is always great. That's the anticipation rather than TV shows. The show itself never fails to underwhelm. Bring it on though!

The Ospreay vs A-Kid match that's up on YouTube is lots of fun. No commentary so you get to hear the Spanish fans chanting "fight forever" and "please don't die" in English which is funny and awful at the same time.

Working my way through NXT now. The tag match, Dream V Riddle and Dunne V Walter were all everything you'd want them to be.

Really enjoyed Dream/Riddle, and I liked the end of Dunne/Walter but felt the match was far too long. I literally slept through Gargano/Cole but I'd had a long day, and needed a nap before G1 Supercard. Which was a mixed bag to say the least.

Thought War Riders vs Ricohcet/Black was tremendous. Most of the women in the 4-way are already better than the majority of the main roster (Bel Air still needs work).

Muting so many accounts on twitter for the next 40 or so hours, though I half expect someone who doesn't like wresting to spoil the main event

Thought War Riders vs Ricohcet/Black was tremendous. Most of the women in the 4-way are already better than the majority of the main roster (Bel Air still needs work).

Muting so many accounts on twitter for the next 40 or so hours, though I half expect someone who doesn't like wresting to spoil the main event

Agreed on the opening tag. Bianca has come on in leaps and bounds in the last year, that's what NXT is for. Shayna is brilliant now, too; she's so far ahead of Ronda Rousey it's not even funny.

All of my Mania tweets will be hashtagged so muting is easy!

Some idiot attacked Bret at the HOF ceremony last night and the boys dealt with him in a very old school way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dash Wilder got himself a big shot in, and probably a law suit.

this guy on Twitter is sharing some amazing Mean Gene outtakes. So great.

Also Vice have done a series of 45 minute wrestling documentaries called Dark Side of the Ring. I've only watched the Von Erichs one so far which was incredible. There's one on the Montreal screwjob too. The facts / historical accuracy of every one bar the Von Erichs is supposed to be a little bit or wildly off but they're still worth a watch. Some are unofficially up on YouTube if there's any geoblocking going on or other restrictions on Vice.

Last edited:
this guy on Twitter is sharing some amazing Mean Gene outtakes. So great.

Also Vice have done a series of 45 minute wrestling documentaries called Dark Side of the Ring. I've only watched the Von Erichs one so far which was incredible. There's one on the Montreal screwjob too. The facts / historical accuracy of every one bar the Von Erichs is supposed to be a little bit or wildly off but they're still worth a watch. Some are unofficially up on YouTube if there's any geoblocking going on or other restrictions on Vice.

is that bobby heenan at the end of the second one?

did anyone watch AEW? I paid my £15 for the PPV because I'm just glad it's making wrestling kind of interesting again and it deserves a chance. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I haven't seen much of the Lucha Bros and for all their fame I've hardly ever watched the Bucks. It was cool seeing some of the new generation of indy stars like Orange Cassidy, Marko Stunt and Jungle Boy. And MJF was just amazing. I only caught him on MLW recently and had no idea he was that entertaining.

If they stick to four PPVs a year then I can definitely see myself paying £15 every 3 months because it was such an easy show to watch. Looks like the TV show is going to be on ITV4 from October.

I watched it. The pre-show was pants; the backstage 'comedy' skit was atrocious, and the battle royal was a mess of people I didn't know other than from the Joey Janela Clusterfuck, and who the commentary team didn't do any work selling the viewer on. The main show was far better and gives me hope for what they can do going forward. But they need to decide what their audience is. It's brilliant that they're making tangible gestures to inclusivity, but there's a clique-ish, marky air over the whole enterprise that they need to shrug off to attract lapsed fans, or people who are just getting into wrestling, etc. Also get JR and that Marvez fella off commentary.

The Vice documentaries previously mentioned started on the Vice UK tv channel last night.

I didn't watch anything from Best of the Super Juniors this year apart from Ospreay v Bandido because there was some buzz around it and it turned out to be a fun match but nothing special. Anyway, there was some buzz around the final too so I thought I'd give it a go and it was epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back