Any wrestling fans? (2 Viewers)

You mean the one I just got home from? I was there for the NJPW crew to be honest. Second time seeing KUSHIDA this year and we passed him in the tunnel on the way out but I didn't say hello 'cause that would feel weird.

Is it just me or were the most over people on the night Minoru Suzuki (he lapped up everyone, me included, singing 'Kaze Ni Nare!'), and Satoshi Kojima for eating that slice of bread?

PRESS RELEASE

Wrestling Giants Set To Jump In The Ring As Top Tour Continues

Finn McCool may be long gone, but three mighty giants of the wrestling ring are set to enthral and not just because they are huge...
From England, Scotland and Northern Ireland these competitors are sure to tower over all that attempt to battle it out with them on the latest leg of the Wrestling.ie all-island tour.
Kuma from Scotland is so large he needs two seats on a plane, Brian Norton from Ballymena measures an impressive seven foot tall and England’s Tiny Iron has the largest bicep according to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!
Not only is he built like a bear Tiny pulled off an impressive feat by lifting the not-insubstantial frame of BBC radio host and TV presenter Stephen Nolan above his head.
The 36-year-old has been in movies and even been a personal bodyguard to Rihanna and 50 Cent.
But Tiny is best recognised as a wrestler, first and foremost. Larger than life, look out for his clotheslines and slams from the man, who first took up weightlifting in his teens.
And, it all began when filming a TV commercial and a wrestler hooked the not so Tiny up with a promoter and the rest is wrestling history for this Latter Day Mr T.
But despite his worldwide success Tiny knows the wrestling game is a tough one, where you have to be able to communicate and be tolerant.
“You have to have good social skills in wrestling,” he explained. “You’re dealing with a lot of personalities, and you could be at times stuck for many hours with them, either traveling to shows or sharing hotel rooms.”
Looking forward to his latest WRESTLING.IE shows later this month in Galway, Navan, Ballina and Athlone, he acknowledges that his massive frame is as a result of the “gym is the wife” but maintains that training is all about mental attitude.
Worth remembering when Tiny tells you he’s going to “ring your neck with my 24” biceps…”
With so many young people wanting to start as a wrestlers Tiny offers some practical sensible advice.
“Give it a go! Try make your character memorable,” he said. “But don’t expect to be a millionaire.
“It’s a very long road to the top but it’s always possible. There are many opportunities available shows and promotions are out there - so hell yeah give it a shot.”
But there was a time when he wasn’t so massive and was at the wrong end of the playground battlefield
“Most kids will have to go through some sort of bullying while there growing up, even as an adult it still happens in a working environment,” he said.
“I missed my final exams at high school because I used to think I might bump into these troublemakers. I used to hide my lunch money in my socks even.
“But I look back now and I say that experience charged me with the energy to start bodybuilding so nobody would mess with me anymore.
“I tell no lie - I went to Argos with the saved from my pocket money and bought my first weight set. I stayed in my bedroom the whole summer. Three times a day morning, afternoon, evening I would pump the weights, even breaking my bed continuously as i drop the barbell on it.
“My goal was to gain muscle or look like the posters on my wall: Frank Bruno, The Gladiators, Shaquile O’Neal, etc
“As a 16-year-old I remember riding my bike to the shop and everybody started to stare at me, looking at my muscles and asking me my age as if it was not humanly possible to look this way.
“So even if you are not in the best place now my experience goes to show how your worst experience can also shape you positively.
“That was the last time anybody messed with me - unless it’s in the ring or a keyboard warrior on social media.”
Kuma a.k.a. Johnny may have been brought up in Scotland, but his family hails from Newtownards, County Down and says his achievement inside and outside the ring as: “Being Europe’s largest athlete.”
The 31-year-old has lifted the trophy as Power of Wrestling world tag team champion. When asked to describe himself to fan yet to see him Kuma put it simply: “Think of the biggest human you’ve ever seen... I’m probably bigger”.
That’s not surprising given that he puts in twice weekly ring sessions and gym work at least three times a week.
For Ballymena’s Brian Norton he began wrestling when he was just 19-years-old but fell away from it before he got an ultimatum from his mother.
“About ten years ago I realised I had really let myself go and was weighing more than 30 stone,” says the civil servant.
“I saw pictures of myself at my brother’s wedding and I was shocked and disgusted at what I had become.
“It was like someone had flicked a switch in my head and I started in the gym immediately. My mum gave me an incentive – she told me if I got down to 23 stone she’d pay for my suit for another brother’s wedding.”
It worked and not long after that the seven foot tall Brian won a competition to try out for the global wrestling organisation, WWE and spent almost a year wrestling in Florida.
And, if you have any doubts about Brian’s massive frame the casting crew of Game of Thrones had none – he was Hodor’s body double.
“I genuinely loved it,” he says. “As Hodo had to carry Bran for so long they needed someone to share the load so when you saw him from behind it was me.”
Brian was in four series of Game of Thrones and was even double for the Mountain -but come the wrestling dates he’ll be The Northern Ireland Nightmare.
For the past decade WRESTLING.IE has brought entertainment to every major town in Ireland, with packed crowds roaring on every move, every slam and every hold.
Promoter, Stevey Reavey, says the entire family will be enthralled by the show Corey and his rivals will bring to the ring.
“There’s something for children, mums and dads and we know granny and grandad will be amongst the loudest in the audience” he said.
“We are bringing larger than life characters, world-class athletic action, thrills, spills and the goodies battling the baddies. It’s a show not to be missed.”

For a full list of dates and contestants visit www.wrestling.ie

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some of the replies to that tweet are incredibly tone deaf. "This isn't how I wanted the title off him," thanks smartmark31669.

Fingers crossed for him, only 33, has 3 kids.

Some of the replies to that tweet are incredibly tone deaf. "This isn't how I wanted the title off him," thanks smartmark31669.

Fingers crossed for him, only 33, has 3 kids.

The stress of the job can't have been good for him. And I'm no fan of the character, yadda yadda. Doesn't matter, I hope the man gets well for good.

The stress of the job can't have been good for him.

I saw an interview with Cena on Trevor Noah recently where he talked about what it's like to be the most hated man in the company. It does seem to get to him a bit, and it's not like he's supposed to be a heel. I wonder if Reigns took it the same way, very similar attitude towards him from the fans.

Rumours (about wrestling, on the internet??? Well I never) going around that Cena and Bryan are refusing to do the Saudi event,

Tickets for it still aren't on sale, and were supposed to be last week.

the thing i saw on twitter suggesting cena won't do it because "he's hollywood now" makes a lot of sense.

the thing i saw on twitter suggesting cena won't do it because "he's hollywood now" makes a lot of sense.

That's entirely plausible. He's normally such a good company man. That obsequious little speech he gave at the last Saudi Arabia was sickening. He's doing the right thing though, for whatever reasons. Bryan I'd imagine is more earnest in his issues with going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back