Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
The A&E Mick Foley biography. It's pretty good.

I've just started watching some of those A&E docs but not watched that one yet. I thought the Bret one was great and the Warrior and Piper ones were good too even accounting for the varying levels of bullshit in all of them.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
I haven't seen any of the new series of Dark Side yet but the first two seasons are mostly great although I missed a few episodes. From what I remember my fav episodes were:

Randy Savage
Brusier Brody
Von Erichs
Gino Hernandez
New Jack
Owen Hart

From the new series the Pillman and Dynamite Kid episodes are supposed to be great.

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I haven't seen any of the new series of Dark Side yet but the first two seasons are mostly great although I missed a few episodes. From what I remember my fav episodes were:

Randy Savage
Brusier Brody
Von Erichs
Gino Hernandez
New Jack
Owen Hart

From the new series the Pillman and Dynamite Kid episodes are supposed to be great.

Thanks, have you seen the Benoit one? That would probably need to be handled with a lot of sensitivity, that I wouldn't credit anyone in the business with having.

MacDara

Contributor
Website
macdaraconroy.com
I think the second half of the current season of Dark Side picks up again next month? I’m a big fan; some are better than others, but they’re all worth watching. I thought Martha Hart came off really well in the Owen episode; she’s someone who’s been deliberately misunderstood by a certain subsection of wrestling fandom but surely no one could come away from watching that one not backing her 100%.

nuke terrorist

Supporter
I only realized this year that Kerry von Erich had died in early 1993 (three weeks after Andre The Giant).
Kerry was the third brother in his family to take his life.
Amazingly Kerry had a foot amputated several years earlier after a motorbike accident but kept this private and very few of his wrestling colleagues knew.

MacDara

Contributor
Website
macdaraconroy.com
I only realized this year that Kerry von Erich had died in early 1993 (three weeks after Andre The Giant).
Kerry was the third brother in his family to take his life.
Amazingly Kerry had a foot amputated several years earlier after a motorbike accident but kept this private and very few of his wrestling colleagues knew.

Dino Bravo was murdered shortly after that, too. His Dark Side episode is the first real probe into what happened (or might have happened) that I’ve seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• Brain Development Lullabies
    Menuetto from Gallimathias Musicum
    Music Box Orchestra
    Brain Development Lullabies

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads