Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Think they've just unlocked loads of content for the forseeable future in the absence of proper new programming!

You just have to sign into your account to watch.

New series of Dark Side of the Ring has started on Vice. Benoit is the first two episodes. I don't know when I'm going to be able to bring myself to watch those. Should be on YouTube somewhere or via VPN on Vice US website.
I’ll check it out later so.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
WrestleMania night 1 review - the Boneyard match was tremendous. I fast forwarded through the rest and couldn't even bring myself to watch most finishes.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
If you don't watch Billions, see if you can figure out which of the characters is the show's wrestling fan.

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
So have you tried it out yet?

I haven’t watched much wrestling lately. Partly that’s my unsociable work hours as of late, but mostly I just can’t. Current WWE has nothing for me. I did enjoy the last AEW pay-per-view, though, and I’ll probably watch NXT TakeOver this Saturday. Other than that, it’s been old stuff or nothing at all. Meh.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
So have you tried it out yet?

I haven’t watched much wrestling lately. Partly that’s my unsociable work hours as of late, but mostly I just can’t. Current WWE has nothing for me. I did enjoy the last AEW pay-per-view, though, and I’ll probably watch NXT TakeOver this Saturday. Other than that, it’s been old stuff or nothing at all. Meh.
not yet - no time!

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
I missed the tweet from Hyatte’s account but yeah, he was on dialysis for years and decided to go out on his own terms. I pretty much watched Nitro through his Mop-Ups back in the day.

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
I missed the tweet from Hyatte’s account but yeah, he was on dialysis for years and decided to go out on his own terms. I pretty much watched Nitro through his Mop-Ups back in the day.
Didn't know he had those health issues. I know someone, much older than I imagine him to have been (late 40's or early 50's at most?) who made the same call after years of dialysis 3 times a week, It takes a lot out of you. It's sad but I respect someone saying that it's too much for them.

I assume he'll be mad that Scott Keith has outlived him.

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
Ha! I think he did mention SK a few weeks ago!

Speaking of Csonka as well, I only read 411mania because I followed Hyatte there from Scoops.

Unicron

Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Ha! I think he did mention SK a few weeks ago!

Speaking of Csonka as well, I only read 411mania because I followed Hyatte there from Scoops.
There was a gofundme set up for Csonka's daughters, a fair few people in the business made donations; I think Kevin Steen, and Brandi and Cody Rhodes made contributions. I suppose a lot of younger workers now would have grown up reading him.

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
Indeed. On a related note, I received Warren Ellis’ weaksauce statement in my inbox this morning, and it’s not worth reading past the first two paragraphs where he’s at pains to tell you what he’s *not* instead of admitting what he did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Land of No Junction
    Blow Up
    Aoife Nessa Frances
    Land of No Junction

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads