Any wrestling fans? (1 Viewer)

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
AEW Dynamite verdict in the form of a wrestling chant - 'that was inoffensive and grand for the most part *clap clap clap clap clap*'. An easy watch. Jim Ross didn't sound like he was half-dead and Tony Schiavone just sounds right and like he belongs. I'll stick with it as I have the time and I last regularly watched a weekly wrestling show in 2001.

I only watched Cole vs Riddle from NXT and that was loads of fun.

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
Haven't watched NXT yet as I'm doing a last minute late shift this evening. I liked the AEW show and agreed on Schiavone! But as I said on Twitter, bringing in a MAGA arsehole like Jack Swagger is a problem for a supposedly inclusive promotion, since inclusivity precludes including fascists.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads

The best thing Billy Corgan has produced since that Zwan album. I absolutely loved this show. It's a pity Billy has apparently said it's basically not financially sustainable to keep producing it for distribution only on YouTube and they need some partner to help our or else it'll be toast.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
Just home from Japan so here is what wrestling I managed to catch. I would've loved to have done more but next time maybe!

Gatoh Move at Ichigaya Chocolate Square was everything I had hoped for and more after seeing gifs of the promotion recently. This video is from the show I was at. The crowd was myself and my girlfriend, one guy from Finland, maybe five Japanese women and then about fifty Japanese men. The show lasted an hour an was followed up with promos, wrestlers serving tea and shaking hands with everyone attending and then some song and dance routines. Emi Sakura (currently wrestling for AEW) runs it and explains bits and pieces of what is going on in English for any tourists attending.

NOAH at Korakuen Hall on a Sunday morning was a bit of nothing show building up a bigger event apart from a proper hard hitting strong style match with Go Shiozaki who was one of the only wrestlers on the show I'd heard of. There was blood drawn from so many chops.

YMZ's Gokigen Mania was another Korakuen Hall show to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kaori Yoneyama. I only went because it was the only show on that evening but it was great. The only wrestlers I knew were Riho, Mei Suruga (from seeing her at Gatoh Move) and Aja Kong. This was loads of fun and ended with all the wrestlers playing musical chairs and statues. No regrets.

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
Nice one! That Gatoh Move presentation reminds me of that indie promotion from the '90s or 2000s that used gym mats instead of a ring.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
I've had some episodes of The Wrestlers from Vice recorded for ages but only just got around to watching one the other night. It was the one focusing on lucha libre and wrestlers like Rey Fenix (and other less well known guys) trying to get visas to go to cross the border and become a star in the US. I wasn't expecting much from it but it was actually really entertaining. The vids might be geo-blocked but i definitely recommend watching if you can find a way.

MacDara

Contributor
Threads
Website
macdaraconroy.com
I've had some episodes of The Wrestlers from Vice recorded for ages but only just got around to watching one the other night. It was the one focusing on lucha libre and wrestlers like Rey Fenix (and other less well known guys) trying to get visas to go to cross the border and become a star in the US. I wasn't expecting much from it but it was actually really entertaining. The vids might be geo-blocked but i definitely recommend watching if you can find a way.
Forgot about that series, thanks for the reminder. I have my ways...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• I Can Walk Through
    Seacat
    The Dinah Brand
    I Can Walk Through
  • The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads