Any Roy Harper fans here? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, maybe, the prosecution have about another week to request a retrial, and if they do then apparently the defence can appeal that, so it could drag on.

Nothing that has been reported from the trial has suggested (to me at least) that there's anything more involved than her word against his. I'm surprised a trial can go ahead when that's all there is but maybe there was more to it that went unreported.

I wonder what happens now that he has been acquitted of two charges - are the accusers automatically guilty of perjury or slander? It's a bit of a lottery, another jury might have come up with a different combination of conclusions.

If nothing comes from it his name is still a bit in shreds though, right? It's not like he has been found innocent of all charges (not that that ever helped Michael Jackson's name, mind you).

all the drugs

706898ef1c01457d170b0a7aa0260a0f.jpg

I wonder is that a crochet thong? I think they might be fashionable now, I saw them on the internet last week.

$(KGrHqZ,!lwE65jmZmO(BO25DhS6fw~~60_35.JPG

I was reading elsewhere that some recent procedural court appearances suggest that a re-trial is probably going ahead.

I wonder is that a crochet thong? I think they might be fashionable now, I saw them on the internet last week.

I was reading elsewhere that some recent procedural court appearances suggest that a re-trial is probably going ahead.
ANd the first thing on the minds of whomever took this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not a tom tiddler then

bump

just came across this and thought you might like it @Shaney?

Shel Talmy Folk-Rock Interview

Now, moving on to Roy Harper.

Roy Harper was not a bed of roses. He was basically a card-carrying anarchist and revolutionary and all those good things, and all I wanted to do produce records. I didn't want to hear some political bullshit spiel. So it was fractious. But then again, that's his personality, I believe.

He's still going now, with so many albums it's hard to keep track.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I think there is an element of disenfranchised types out there who believe themselves to be disenfranchised. The kind of people who support the Dead Kennedys, for god's sake, there's a group of them out there. He doesn't sell millions, he sells [to] a few group of people. And he always will, because of the type of stuff he does. The best thing you can say about him is that he hasn't compromised himself. Apart from the stuff I did with him, of course! (laughs) What I did was make him sound a hell of a lot more professional than he is, or was, or will be. And I think he resents that, quite frankly.

just came across this and thought you might like it @Shaney?

Shel Talmy Folk-Rock Interview

Now, moving on to Roy Harper.

Roy Harper was not a bed of roses. He was basically a card-carrying anarchist and revolutionary and all those good things, and all I wanted to do produce records. I didn't want to hear some political bullshit spiel. So it was fractious. But then again, that's his personality, I believe.

He's still going now, with so many albums it's hard to keep track.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I think there is an element of disenfranchised types out there who believe themselves to be disenfranchised. The kind of people who support the Dead Kennedys, for god's sake, there's a group of them out there. He doesn't sell millions, he sells [to] a few group of people. And he always will, because of the type of stuff he does. The best thing you can say about him is that he hasn't compromised himself. Apart from the stuff I did with him, of course! (laughs) What I did was make him sound a hell of a lot more professional than he is, or was, or will be. And I think he resents that, quite frankly.

I can't imagine that RH resents that he never again sounded as "professional" as he did on Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith, that's about his most dated sounding album of all (at least until he arrived in the 80s...) although Shel is right about it being all over the place. All his albums over the next 10 years (up to and including Bullinamingvase) were far superior in terms of production and performance etc. Like, I mean, the ones recorded in Abbey Road sound amazing - Stormcock, Lifemask, HQ, Bullinamingvase. Ghengis Smith was also one of his weakest in terms of songwriting so between that, getting signed, and having Shel Talmy assigned to turn him into a hit machine everything was all wrong. In fact he has referred that album as his skeleton in the closet, although it is kinda charming.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He just announced a vinyl reissue pledge music thing the other day, I'm going to get it.

Roy Harper: Vinyl Re-issues Pt. 2

I dunno what he thinks is wrong with the original bass playing on the title track, i bet the new bass wont be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back