Any Roy Harper fans here? (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Incredible gig in Clonakilty the other night. When he starts singing things like Hallucinating Light that well theres few things that can come close.

Just gonna take an hour off and listen to some Roy whilst reading this thisng I just came accrosshttp://recordproduction.com/blog/2011/12/eccentric-on-his-days-working-with-roy-harper/

Can't wait to read that tomorrow when I'm sober. Roy Harper is the closest thing I have to a hero - lives life on his own terms and sums up the important bits in the most beautiful songs anyone has ever written. At least thats what I take away from listening to his albums anyway. I've seen him live 14 times.

Saw Roy posted this on Facebake today...rightly fucking stoked is he.

Looking forward to hearing it.

All the hipsters'll be saying they grew their beards cos'a Roy this time next year

I'm going to see him in Clonakilty next month - I'm very excited about it, naturally. Pete Townshend is on the new album apparently. I'm glad it's not too weighed down with guest appearances.

Pete Townshend has added lead guitar to "Cloud Cuckooland".

Other musicians who appear on Man And Myth include Jake Blanton (bass), Richard Chard (drums), Omar Valesco (clavinet and melatron) and Jason Crosby (keyboards) on "The Enemy", "Time Is Temporary", "The Stranger" and "Cloud Cuckooland".

On "The Stranger", "Heaven Is Here" and "The Exile", Harper is joined by John Fitzgerald (bouzouki, engineering), Tony Franklin (bass), Bill Shanley (guitar) and Neil Morgan (percussion).

Read more at http://www.uncut.co.uk/roy-harper-confirms-new-album-details-news#mIQxuB1hpMtXfJXw.99

RH_M&M_hp.jpg

I went and bought it, couldn't face going home without it. Good music is priceless anyway so what's €50? I'll have my money's worth by 3pm. It's been a good week and it's just about to get better!

images

Gotta get a few beers first though...

Huge feature in current issue of
MOJO Magazine

'Man & Myth', Roy’s first studio album in 13 years. In 2011, Harper performed a special show at the Royal Festival Hall in celebration of his 70th birthday, where those who joined on stage included Joanna Newsom, Jonathan Wilson and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, who once penned a tribute called ‘Hats Off To Harper’. David Gilmour not only played on record and stage for Harper, but Pink Floyd engaged him to sing ‘Have A Cigar’ on the band’s landmark album Wish You Were Here. Fellow collaborator Kate Bush has called Harper “one of the greatest English songwriters” while the late John Peel declared, on his death, that cricket obsessive Harper’s “When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease” be played at his funeral. Johnny Marr, meanwhile, has stated that Harper’s 1971 opus Stormcock was “intense and beautiful and clever.”

Having moved to County Cork in Ireland in the late ‘80s, four of the seven tracks that constitute 'Man & Myth' were recorded with Jonathan Wilson at his studio in Laurel Canyon. The recently discovered keeper of the West Coast rock flame had been assembling a Harper tribute album and the two struck up a friendship after meeting backstage at Wilson’s show – Bella Union boss Simon Raymonde was also present – at London’s Borderline in 2012. ‘Heaven Is Here’ and ’The Exile’, the album’s epic closing tracks, and ‘January Man” were subsequently recorded back in County Cork. 'Man & Myth' is incontrovertible proof to everyone of Roy Harper’s persisting brilliance, with many hallmarks of what has singled him out since his first album 47 heady years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back