Any Roy Harper fans here? (1 Viewer)

Yes!

.|..|.|..|.|..|

has anyone been to this venue yet? i got row c in the circle, hope its not too shite

i suppose a few proper RH gigs must be on the cards at this stage

he's supporting that newsum woman in the grand canal theatre next tuesday. i bought a ticket ages ago now and there were no downstairs tix left then. I just went on ticketmaster to see if it was sold out and was offered a seat in the middle of row B.

Ahh,bit outta my budget...I thought he might be playing in Anseo or something : )

Its a bit much to pay to see an opening act play a few tunes alright but theres no way im missing it, i am obsessed with him

Don't know much of his stuff, so have been You-Tubing quite a bit, to make the show more interesting. I know this is a ridiculous request, but could you name 5 really good songs of his, so I can check them out?! I know Another Day, and heard this great one on Phantom recently....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A lot of the youtube clips seem ropey enough

Hallucinating Light is my favorite song ever, its on HQ just before cricketer. The lyrics are amazing. The album version has a band, here is a solo version (in ogg format).

Commune is another great one, he tends to play it quite a bit too. this is a nice version you may have seen, i posted it on page 3
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Me & My Woman or The Same Old Rock from Stormcock are astounding songs, one or other is quite likely to turn up since joanna is such a fan of stormcock. a lot of people love One Man Rock n Roll Band but i'm a bit tired of it myself.

Drawn To The Flames is good, its from the early 80s - if youre downloading albums be sure to go for Born In Captivity - this has the demo versions of what became the horrendously 80s sounding album Work of Heart.

Cherishing The Lonesome or Naked Flame from Bullinamingvase too maybe

that was torture. I had to leave out so many

Happy 70th Birthday Roy! New album please.

[sc]http://soundcloud.com/shcu/hallucinating-light[/sc]

(i dont care if i posted it two posts back up the page, its the best song ever)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back