• Start date
  • Replies 224
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 6

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I'm after getting mad into podcasts...any recommendations?

The Best Show
Best Show Gems
Bullseye
How Was Your Week?
Judge John Hodgman
Low Times
Macworld Podcast
The Nerdist
The Pod F. Thompcast
Savage Love Podcast
Talking Metal
They Might Be Giants Podcast
The Forcecast
WTF
This American Life

Thats why I hardly listen to music these days..... don't get into too many, they'll kill your ability to do anything else.

My answer appears smarmy as the down arrow pointing to the last.fm yoke didn't appear

Aww..I thought you were being a right prick Santino.Fucking internet eh?

WOW..I cant believe theres a TMBG podcast!Thats first!

Thanks for the recs guys.Much appreciated.

started listening to a new podcast by the makers of This American Life. Called Serial.

For folks that are into true crime and like the structure of the This American Life podcasts. 2 episodes released so far, have listened to one. really liked it. without giving anything away, about a teenage murder that took place in Maryland back in 1999. Boyfriend found guilty of killing girlfriend. Lot of loose ends/stones left unturned for a variety of reasons. apparently there are upwards of 10 episodes all dealing with that specific case.

Giving this an extra bump.

Drama is my thing these days.But new podcast suggestions always welcome.

started listening to a new podcast by the makers of This American Life. Called Serial.

For folks that are into true crime and like the structure of the This American Life podcasts. 2 episodes released so far, have listened to one. really liked it. without giving anything away, about a teenage murder that took place in Maryland back in 1999. Boyfriend found guilty of killing girlfriend. Lot of loose ends/stones left unturned for a variety of reasons. apparently there are upwards of 10 episodes all dealing with that specific case.
been meaning to give that one a shot alright, good to know it's good!
Giving this an extra bump.

Drama is my thing these days.But new podcast suggestions always welcome.
  • seconding Planet Money (featuring the lovely Zoe Chace. I LOVE YOU ZOE CHACE)
  • In Our Time
  • Startup Podcast (a podcast about starting a podcasting company o_O )
  • Radiolab. I always feel like i'm betraying This American Life when i put on Radiolab and one of the lads who presents it has a super creepy voice, but it's still brilliant. This episode is as good an introduction as any
  • The Moth. Storytelling in front of a live audience, sometimes has celebz. Always forget to listen but when I do remember it's usually fantastic.
  • If you're feeling ambitious there's the History of Philosophy without any Gaps which has been going on for years and will continue to do so (Socrates Plato Aristotle | History of Philosophy without any gaps
  • If you're feeling less ambitious the Philosopher's Zone is a good australian philosophy podcast
  • Entitled Opinions for massive amounts of smug but actually good arts and literature talk and the occasional baby-boomer centric "why the Doors are just the best band in the world forever" episode. His monologue episodes are particularly hilarious. Find a topic you're interested in from his archive and give it a whirl. Entitled Opinions (about Life and Literature)
  • The Infinite Monkey Cage. Not as funny as it thinks it is but hey everyone loves Brian Cox right???
  • The Bugle. Quality wise is all over the shop with John Oliver being such a celeb these days but still raises a good few laughs.
  • various books podcasts spread across bbc and all the newspapers. I've actually never found a books podcast that i thought was consistently essential listening. Anyone?
  • Also the RTE archive is great but I can't listen to any RTE podcasts because they're TOO FUCKING QUIET and I can't hear a word that's said if i'm cycling in traffic. SORT IT OUT RTE

Last edited:
Is there a simple way to get notified when a favourite podcast is uploaded?
Do you not download them in a podcasting app? The one I use you just refresh and it checks all the feeds. Or do you literally want the podcast within the first minute it's uploaded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back