Any good podcasts about? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 224
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 6
I really enjoy the Moth

although I have been pushing all new episodes it to the back of the listening queue for about a year and a half now.

Anyone recommend any good story based podcasts? Not storytelling exactly, but sort of en par with This American Life and Strangers.

What is Strangers? I have never heard of it

Well anyway, do you listen to Radiolab? Seems an obvious one.

I can't recommend Invisibilia enough either.

Also I just started listening to one called The Memory Palace, which is stories from history. It seems good but, well, obviously has a historical slant to the stories.

Last edited:
What is Strangers? I have never heard of it

Well anyway, do you listen to Radiolab? Seems an obvious one.

I can't recommend Invisibilia enough either.

Also I just started listening to one called The Memory Palace, which is stories from history. It seems good but, well, obviously has a historical slant to the stories.

Strangers is great, if you want to start, she does a four part series about her love life and losses and its really nice. It's pretty loosely on the subject of "strangers" be that meeting people online, being a stranger from yourself, encounters with people on the street etc. Its nice and she's really easy to listen to.

Will check out the others, I've heard a bit of Radiolab stuff, good call!

I'm curently devouring a brilliant podcast called Love And Radio

me too! I'm listening in work and some of it is seriously NSFW so hopefully that won't turn out to be a problem. Really enjoying it though! Some eps are seriously seedy.

I love the topic but I found the quality of the recording too irritating and had to turn it off.

That's a pity, I didn't find it noticeably bad. I was recommended an interesting one last week, Thinking Sideways. Their most recent episode is about time travellers and generally the show is about mysteries, so it's right up my street.

What's it about? Dirty stuff?

No its quite broad actually, it focuses on one person/story every episode and tells their story.

"Nick van der Kolk's Love and Radio features in-depth, otherworldly-produced interviews with an eclectic range of subjects, from the seedy to the sublime. Get inside the mind of a rogue taxidermist. Find out what it's like to experience a stroke firsthand. Or spend time with an artist who gives away her life savings every night. You've never heard anything like it before. Powered by PRX's Radiotopia"

I've found it enjoyable. latest episode was about a humiliatrix, and there was a really seedy one here about a dude that runs a strip club.

The Myths and Legends podcast is the very worst thing I have ever listened to.

FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back