Any good podcasts about? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 224
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 6
Marc Maron is such an ignorant, self-obsessed cretin in an almost uniquely American way, but he somehow manages to do a good interview.

the whole show is basically a vehicle for him to talk about himself.
But i think the fact he talks so much shit about himself gets his guest to be more open about themselves.

It feels a little like it's starting to slip or something though. I can hear the pressure of it becoming too big too fast. Still great though, OBVIOUSLY

@jonah read the thread already ffs
must be pretty nuts for their relatively small team that put together the shows every week to see the likes of Time Magazine and NBC now reporting on it and its popularity having a pretty big direct impact on the case itself.

Thought this weeks episode was great. The previous two were a little light

must be pretty nuts for their relatively small team that put together the shows every week to see the likes of Time Magazine and NBC now reporting on it and its popularity having a pretty big direct impact on the case itself.

Thought this weeks episode was great. The previous two were a little light
It was a very minor complaint, I'm still fully invested.

Agreed about the coverage though.

I'm hooked on Serial now too, 4 episodes in. It's obviously extremely well put-together, though I can't help feeling that there's something off-colour about using this kind of week-to-week cliffhanger instalment format when it's a real-life case involving still living people.. I can't imagine the girl's family are thrilled about her murder becoming an ongoing months long media sensation and dissected in detail by every amateur sleuth out there 15 years later. I'm sure this won't stop me listening to the rest of the series though.. I wonder is the success of it going to inspire a rake of copycats dredging up old police files and court records on other cases.

I'm hooked on Serial now too, 4 episodes in. It's obviously extremely well put-together, though I can't help feeling that there's something off-colour about using this kind of week-to-week cliffhanger instalment format when it's a real-life case involving still living people.. I can't imagine the girl's family are thrilled about her murder becoming an ongoing months long media sensation and dissected in detail by every amateur sleuth out there 15 years later. I'm sure this won't stop me listening to the rest of the series though.. I wonder is the success of it going to inspire a rake of copycats dredging up old police files and court records on other cases.
This is exactly the discomfort I have with it

I'm up to date now too. I have the same issues, but its hard not to get completely drawn into it too. You have to think that despite how crappy it must be for her family, if Adnan is innocent or lets say, less culpable than he's been sentenced as being, the podcast having such legs could actually do a lot for his case... it certainly draws a lot of attention to things that really need to be looked at.

I wonder why Sarah Koenig never really gives the racial profiling issues that have been mentioned and are really apparent, any real time? that alone...

Kinda reminded me of the west memphis three although you could argue their innocence was more obvious and Adnan's is still very questionable.
As for the difficulty with the family, i think the WM3 families appreciated towards the end the work that was done, obviously except for the step father

^ good point.

Anyone got any theories?
I'm refusing to have any real theories, I'm not really into second guessing stories. Based on what's been told so far, there's a lot of reasonable doubt on Adnan's guilt imho

I think she's been avoiding the race issue because once you make the story all about race you run the risk of losing the narrative. I figure there'll be a week devoted to it though. After Ferguson I can't see how she could avoid it totally (possibly she was waiting for the verdict in order to choose her tone?).

the Dr. Gilmer and Mr. Hyde episode of This American Life is a good thing to listen to if you haven't heard it seeing as there is no Serial this week.

Sarah Koenig presents. There's a bit of a spoiler after the description if you to the actual web page for that episode. I think it was repeated on August 25th if you just want to find it on an app. Show no. 492

the whole show is basically a vehicle for him to talk about himself.
But i think the fact he talks so much shit about himself gets his guest to be more open about themselves.

I like WTF a lot and almost always find the interviews interesting. But yea it's a bit me me me me me me me me.
I had to stop listening to How Was Your Week because it was the same thing but with less of the interesting bits.

The music to Serial is the best thing Nick Thornburn has done since Return to the Sea

The music to Serial is the best thing Nick Thornburn has done since Return to the Sea

I can't get it out of my head that it sounds like an Aimee Mann track from the Magnolia soundtrack.

I've just started listening to Serial this week and I'm four episodes in. It's pretty compelling stuff so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back