Any good podcasts about? (1 Viewer)

Unicron

Supporter
Solutions
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
how common is it to have to pay for podcasts? and generally what is the going rate?
do they try to get people as monthly subscribers or what?

I pay a fiver a month for a couple of things. For Second Captains their Monday content is free but you get the rest of the week via their patreon.

Another one I pay patreon for a website I've been reading for years. When they launched a payment model they said they'd keep the existing content they produce for free and then subscribers would get extra content on top of that. I don't really use the extra content but I subscribe to support the site anyway.

On that note, I must see if I need to renew my thumped membership.

Lili Marlene

not punk, or metal
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
how common is it to have to pay for podcasts? and generally what is the going rate?
do they try to get people as monthly subscribers or what?
The Patreon model has suited a lot of independent podcasts (not without some serious problems though, they've fucked over people in the past), but a lot of the bigger, corporate led, podcasts are increasingly behind paywalls. Whether it's a Spotify subscription or podcast-specific apps like Stitcher that have premium tiers... and of course so many of the new celeb-led podcasts are flashy and tightly edited, but empty of anything worthwhile. Same old story in all honesty.

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I haven't listened to one in ages, but I've found Esther Perel's "Where should we begin?" podcasts really illuminating. She's a sex therapist, and each podcast is a(n edited) real-life couples therapy session. It made me realise that I know nothing about other people's relationships - I don't talk to even my closest friends about their marriages (at least not until after they've gotten divorced) and especially not about their sex lives. It's mad that we're all in couples, but none of us know anything about the internal workings of any couple except for the one we're in

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I haven't listened to one in ages, but I've found Esther Perel's "Where should we begin?" podcasts really illuminating. She's a sex therapist, and each podcast is a(n edited) real-life couples therapy session. It made me realise that I know nothing about other people's relationships - I don't talk to even my closest friends about their marriages (at least not until after they've gotten divorced) and especially not about their sex lives. It's mad that we're all in couples, but none of us know anything about the internal workings of any couple except for the one we're in
and long may it continue.

seanc

Just listened to a mad episode of "The Moral Maze" on the radio. It is available as a podcast. available on the bbc website or wherever you get your podcasts.

The question was something along the lines of "is there a moral argument for re-opening nightclubs now?"

It got pretty nuts. There is such a huge gap in perception between the people who wanted to rave responsibly and the CoE vicar or the classical music fan. They're all intelligent people, but these people just did not understand each other at the end.

Personally I've no interest in nightclubs.

In other news, Dr. Buckles has a show on Sunday afternoon. I forget what it's about, who cares though, it's Buckles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads