animated gif thread (4 Viewers)

ironmaiden.gif

That should flick a lot faster

how the fuck do they do that with the shield?

Here's my absolute shot in the dark utter nerd guess or at least this is how I'd have done it back in 1970. Firstly the shield is made of very lightweight plastic, secondly a large magnet runs down the sleeve of his right hand. and a similar piece of metal runs down the inside of the shield. This is set up so that the star on the shield will always land pointing the right direction i.e the polar ends are set up that way if you get me. The Shield is shot out at him in the general direction of his arm and when it reaches it's target the magnet holds it on in place, the straps on the inside of the shield are entirely fake and he has a similar contraption on the other sleeve allowing him to swap the shield to his other arm.

Or Guess number 2.

There is a very thin wire along which the shield is fired this attaches to his hand (they do this with arrows in bow and arrow type scenes to make sure the arrow goes into the target it's intended to.)

or guess number 3. the shield is only moving about 2 feet into shot so it's piss easy to grab.

I like the backwards theory but his hair seems to be moving naturally so that seems unlikely.

ComicBookGuy3.gif

Here's my absolute shot in the dark utter nerd guess or at least this is how I'd have done it back in 1970. Firstly the shield is made of very lightweight plastic, secondly a large magnet runs down the sleeve of his right hand. and a similar piece of metal runs down the inside of the shield. This is set up so that the star on the shield will always land pointing the right direction i.e the polar ends are set up that way if you get me. The Shield is shot out at him in the general direction of his arm and when it reaches it's target the magnet holds it on in place, the straps on the inside of the shield are entirely fake and he has a similar contraption on the other sleeve allowing him to swap the shield to his other arm.

Or Guess number 2.

There is a very thin wire along which the shield is fired this attaches to his hand (they do this with arrows in bow and arrow type scenes to make sure the arrow goes into the target it's intended to.)

or guess number 3. the shield is only moving about 2 feet into shot so it's piss easy to grab.

I like the backwards theory but his hair seems to be moving naturally so that seems unlikely.

or the shield is there on his arm all along and the first few frames are CGI magic

See I'm not quite sure that they'd bother with doing the CGI for an out take. If they did they should put a massive grimacing Garfield in the background every time Bill Murray makes a mistake.

that's what i thought.... until

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back