Analogue launches new online music Tv show (1 Viewer)

Analogue

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

-----------------

Pr blurb:

Just months after announcing that Analogue Music Magazine was to cease print, Analogue is excited to return in video format. Analogue plunges into the brand new world of online music TV with Episode 0, a pilot for a bi-monthly web series featuring interviews, music videos, short documentaries and live performances.

Analogue aspires to use an innovative visual aesthetic to explore the diverse spectrum of music we love (from indie and folk to classical and electronic) from both home and abroad. Beginning with Episode 0, Analogue breaks from the traditional approach to music television and starts afresh with a progressive format applying diverse cinematic techniques.

Episode 0 begins with Choice Prize nominated Adrian Crowley chatting about the creative process behind his lush new album 'Season of the Sparks' (recently picked up for european distribution by Chemikal Underground) and a haunting performance of two songs. Next comes 'Interlude, a segment that uses original footage accompanied by specifically chosen music to emphasize a particular theme or subject. Part documentary and part music video; both vie for visual control of the piece. The premiere 'Interlude' focuses on the Dublin docklands and features original music from Galway based scratch/electronic artist Jimmy the Hideous Penguin. Toronto's violin virtuoso Final Fantasy brings the pilot to a close with an interview about his soon to be released album 'Heartland' and a performance of tour favourite 'Lewis Takes off his Shirt'.

The Analogue web series is directed by Graham Seely & Tim Gannon and produced by Analogue founder Brendan McGuirk.

cmon dudes...

wouldve thought the feedback wouldve been much greater than this.
this is a really great piece of work and shows a lot of initiative. a show like this needs the support of us folk.

for a pilot episode this shows fucking huge potential. i really think the guys threw themselves in the deepend and came out on top. its well paced, has a nice style and has a bit of a nod towards the days of yore(no disco).

to put together a half hour show takes serious work and id like to extend my thanks and respect to the lads for doing something we sorely need and doing it so well.

heres to episode 2...

ok some critique.

adrian crowley . ..
Really nicely shot for sure, but it was very difficult to make out what he was saying and his music is pretty dull in my opinion - not much of an attention grabber for first section of first issue..

docklands / jimmy penguin
this was pretty good, nice track and some great shots/edits

final fantasy
Again nicely shot, the interview recording is better then the crowley piece but its still a little difficult to hear what he saying without listening carefully

Overall i'd say ok i might check the next one if there is some music i'm familiar or interested in but probably wouldn't if not

oh and its streams terribley i'd switch to youtube if you can, even with HD streaming turned off it stops and jerks regularly and we have v fast connection here

cmon dudes...

wouldve thought the feedback wouldve been much greater than this.
this is a really great piece of work and shows a lot of initiative. a show like this needs the support of us folk.

for a pilot episode this shows fucking huge potential. i really think the guys threw themselves in the deepend and came out on top. its well paced, has a nice style and has a bit of a nod towards the days of yore(no disco).

to put together a half hour show takes serious work and id like to extend my thanks and respect to the lads for doing something we sorely need and doing it so well.

heres to episode 2...

I thought the opening music was good :p

ok some critique.

adrian crowley . ..
Really nicely shot for sure, but it was very difficult to make out what he was saying and his music is pretty dull in my opinion - not much of an attention grabber for first section of first issue..

docklands / jimmy penguin
this was pretty good, nice track and some great shots/edits

final fantasy
Again nicely shot, the interview recording is better then the crowley piece but its still a little difficult to hear what he saying without listening carefully

Overall i'd say ok i might check the next one if there is some music i'm familiar or interested in but probably wouldn't if not

oh and its streams terribley i'd switch to youtube if you can, even with HD streaming turned off it stops and jerks regularly and we have v fast connection here

Thanks for the feedback, you made some fair points there. Sound was our biggest problem for the pilot as the mics we were using were completely inappropriate but hopefully we'll be able to get hands on better ones for the next episode.

Vimeo has always been better for longer videos but the site has been having a lot of issues over the last few months. We'll probably put the pilot up on youtube later on this week...

Got a chance to wach this in full this evening. Aside from the technical deficiencies with the sound I thought it was good overall, whatever one might think of the particular people featured the fact that it's somewhere which is willing to give coverage in a visual medium to Irish musicians is pretty cool.

Thanks for the comments so far. Just wondering do people actually think of the show? Apart from the obvious issues with sound /vimeo acting up.

As a format and aesthetically?

I always thought the thumped folk were a pretty opinionated breed but maybe that's only when things go belly up (Nightshift) or are really shit...(the Raw Sessions)?

Just looking for some criticism, constructive or otherwise... it's a pilot after all.

It looks great.very nice looking.Only watched a bit though cos I was starting to dose off,but I'd defo check it out if the interviews were clearer.

Excellent start.

watch tonight, comment tomorrow, but the no sound sneak peek I took in work here reminded me of some of the best video installation pieces I've seen in IMMA over the years so I'm looking forward to the rest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back