An Snáth na Gaeilge/The Irish Thread (1 Viewer)

So, Sinn Féin's Irish Language Act. Is it worth hanging everything on this? Can't the subject of the Irish language be addressed at some other time?

listening to dup guys on thursday night, it seemed to me they werre looking forward to direct rule from westminister (and with them propping up may, why wouldn't they?)

These furst yins think aboot nawn but Irish and they dinne think aboot ar language and history, they cannae stan it yet they let oot with a rowth of blabber like crabbity wains as had noo supper. Let tha hare sit for noo.

is that ulster scots?

So, Sinn Féin's Irish Language Act. Is it worth hanging everything on this? Can't the subject of the Irish language be addressed at some other time?

well do you want the plantation to succeed or not?

What i really THINK* (not know!!) is that the SF's pulled out while Martin McGuinness was still the tactical brain. I suspect he had a plan, because he didn't really do unplanned. I suspect he died without being able to complete it and the power shifts that were already in progress have left the place in chaos. Its as good nail to hang any coat on because without having people who gave about half their career to negotiating devolution rather than stalling it present, it might collapse. Westminster has a huge stake now, if they capitulate while brexit negotiations are on the border will just be around england, scotland and wales and they will end up a more shrunken isolated entity than being a place with offland borders. the centrist majority in NI hate all this shit, but its unfortunately the war has evolved around a skirmish.

The DUP want to scrap the Good Friday Agreement because they see that the Nationalist voting majority is just around the corner.

If political parties had of all spent the intervening years on softening their stances and worked towards being sound with the aim of northern ireland becoming a successful and secular utopia it would have been good. Instead of belligerently heading towards a brick wall of shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back