Amps (1 Viewer)

I'd try a new speaker. That's not knowing what's in there. Can you tap it out to a different cab to hear if it would improve things? Also have you had any look finding a schematic, might be some mods to improve things in the amp. Is there an effects loop?

That's a good shout on trying it with a different cab. Defo gonna try and change the speaker. No effects loop. Doubt I'd get a schematic, there isn't many mentions of them online.

Look at the cutey lil 8" speaker!

Thanks for the heads up. I just got a new home amp, a Laney VC15. So I better not bring anything else home for the moment.

yeah - the speaker looks tiny, as the overall cab is big enough for a 10''.
I wonder if they made a decision pre-production to cut the speaker size from a cost perspective, having originally designed it for 10''.
Its well matched though

I'd try a new speaker. That's not knowing what's in there. Can you tap it out to a different cab to hear if it would improve things? Also have you had any look finding a schematic, might be some mods to improve things in the amp. Is there an effects loop?

That's a good shout on trying it with a different cab. Defo gonna try and change the speaker. No effects loop. Doubt I'd get a schematic, there isn't many mentions of them online.
20230309_114505.jpg 20230309_115116.jpg

Fair play to you, I couldn't be doing with all that. Reminds me of when I was over getting my Strat fixed, the guy chatting away about instruments etc. All over my head, I just want to play the thing.

Bound to be some decent sounds to be got out of the head at least but my mate just pointed out that there's no power transistors to be seen but they're probably hidden under the pcb.. Are they really quiet?

Bound to be some decent sounds to be got out of the head at least but my mate just pointed out that there's no power transistors to be seen but they're probably hidden under the pcb.. Are they really quiet?

One of my old amps had the pre section at the front the power boards at the back on a breakout board for fx loops and stuff, looks the same era (I think).

One of my old amps had the pre section at the front the power boards at the back on a breakout board for fx loops and stuff, looks the same era (I think).

Yeah it's very common for the transistors to be directly mounted to the back panel so it works as a heatsink. You can see in this one that there is no back panel though.

Are the metal capped round lads not trannies?

They're not power transistors so most you'd get out of those would be a couple watts if you're lucky. The power transistors will look like these and put out about 25-30 watts each.

2N3055-Transistor-Pin-Diagram.jpg

Ah now in fairness how many seconds of new years day or with or without you do you need to recognize the tune?

You're mixing up melody with timbre/tone. His bass tone is whatever the producer wants it to be each album, I don't think he has a specific sound.

With or without you also starts with guitars that aren't bass - a picking arpeggio and a feedbacky one

You're mixing up melody with timbre/tone. His bass tone is whatever the producer wants it to be each album, I don't think he has a specific sound.

With or without you also starts with guitars that aren't bass - a picking arpeggio and a feedbacky one
I like the video though. No bullshit type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back