Amps (2 Viewers)

IMHO speakers are probably one of the most important variables in getting a good tone. As always Johan Segeborn has all the answers, although this video is only about Celestions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmm yeah. Nah actually,I don't give a fuck.

But thanks for helping me come to this position. One less thing to worry about

nearing the end of my current cycle of selling and buying shite... i picked up a b-stock one of these on thomann last week for 120. I reckoned I'd probably get close to that on adverts if I didn't like it.
1621604698156.png

its suprisingly nice.... 8" speaker is focused but not boxy. come's alive through a 1x12"

took the back off for a poke and the tubes are not the usual unbranded stuff in cheap amps, a TAD 12ax7 and an ruby tubes 6v6 - not exactly top of the line, but better than one might expect in a cheap amp.

It fucking loves the strat so it does... and its tiny - probably as small as you could make a 8" tube combo, almost a desktop amp.

Just found out that Roland have a cutesy version of the JC 120. That is quite tempting.

Picked up a little Vox Pathfinder for 20 bucks last night. Lovely little amp! Bell like sounds galore
Got the boss fx unit for a ridiculous bargain as well a few weeks ago. Great yoke altogether. Super modulations and delays . You'd be doing some noodling on it
IMG_20220713_144424.jpg

beautiful looking strat.
Its a magnificent guitar. Sounds as good as it looks.
Not as easy to play as my USA one ..but for some reason I like the bit of a struggle.. stops me from scrambling eggs all day

It will be voiced much flatter than the usual guitar amps. That said Dylan Carson (and others) is a big fan of the Trace Elliot Elf which is a very similar head for guitar.
pulled the trigger on one of these as nothings come up 2nd hand... and I'm figuring worst case I can use it as an actual bass or keys amp on occasion... I generally play clean, with pedals giving the dirt&racket, and clean headroom tends to be the issue with any tube amp I've been able to afford! will report back on whether experiment is successful.

pulled the trigger on one of these as nothings come up 2nd hand... and I'm figuring worst case I can use it as an actual bass or keys amp on occasion... I generally play clean, with pedals giving the dirt&racket, and clean headroom tends to be the issue with any tube amp I've been able to afford! will report back on whether experiment is successful.

cool. was tempted to buy something simiar and sell all my other amps

but the price......meh....

cool. was tempted to buy something simiar and sell all my other amps

but the price......meh....

I'll let ya know how I get on... I have a 1x12'' cab I made with an old vox wharfdale speaker which is pretty chimey in it which I'll trial it with at bedroom and practice volumes. Also have a (much darker sounding) eminence governor speaker in another amp that I might try it with too.

If it's successful it might well end up in A3XA as I jam there occasionally so you'd be more than welcome to give it a poke if so.

I'll let ya know how I get on... I have a 1x12'' cab I made with an old vox wharfdale speaker which is pretty chimey in it which I'll trial it with at bedroom and practice volumes. Also have a (much darker sounding) eminence governor speaker in another amp that I might try it with too.

If it's successful it might well end up in A3XA as I jam there occasionally so you'd be more than welcome to give it a poke if so.

will model any review on this

Been mucking about with this this afternoon.. took a while to dial in the tone, and balance the brightness of the speaker im using it with.
Definitely works for guitar - you can get a nice warm tone, but obviously missing the edge of hair that even a fairly clean tube amp gives you when you dig in. A drive/amp pedal adds that back fairly handy to be fair. Haven’t tried at volume with my overall pedal board yet. Also want to a/b it with another amp…
But it’s definitely something worth giving a go I think…it’s certainly not flat and lifeless once you get the settings right..

C4D7733A-36AA-474E-9016-4E99C1C4D82C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back