Amp fix help (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
Yo
i have a peavy mark 2 head that is switching off once it hits a certain volume. i assume it's overheating. i've had to get the fan replaced already because it's located on the bottom of the head, and some gouger unscrewed the rubber feet and i didn't notice and it was lying on top of the cab and well.... kablammo.

so i need to get it fixed, anyone know a body who could do such a thing, or alternatively anyone selling a bass head on the cheap?

'preciated....

That'll be Martin Nolan won't it?

Hec I've used him before, and I've a cab to get up to him up some point next week/weekend. If you're not in a mad rush I can give you a lift up.

martin is great, he can get the amp back to you sharpish if you require.

i've been leaving stuff into jimi at jimis music store out in walkinstown for a while. lovely lad and he really knows his stuff. he'll turn it around quickly for you too.

If anyone needs stuff like speakers replaced or pretty much anything cab related I can do it pretty cheap, I'm based in Kimmage now btw.

thanks chaps, this is great. this is what thumped is all about isn't it? all us guys, together, helping out, not a prick in sight?

stan, i may take you up on that. i doubt i'll get it fixed by next friday at this rate...

thanks chaps, this is great. this is what thumped is all about isn't it? all us guys, together, helping out, not a prick in sight?

stan, i may take you up on that. i doubt i'll get it fixed by next friday at this rate...

Pricks empowering pricks.

I'm about to take this over to Mr Nolan..but maybe one of you can help. I left my Fender Blues Deluxe on standby..came back a while later and...nothing

There are inner reverby noises when I flick switches but nothing from the speakers

Any ideas? @moose maybe?

I'll be interested to hear what the diagnosis is Johnny.

I've an amp with the same symptoms

My money is on a blown fuse or dead valve/valve base.
It was a dead valve

I asked it it could have been the valve base..in an attempt to make it seem like I knew what I was talking about but no, just the valve

He doesn't know why it went though, which is worrying ..just hope I get a few more years of use and neglect out of it before I need to see him again

I suspected that might be the cause of mine..now I'm sure.

NIce one Johnny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back