Amp fix help (1 Viewer)

Putting it all together 2 Fender tubes probably cost @60 quid

General maintenance and labour made up the rest

No way he's working for 20 quid an hour or less imo, more like 30-40 which is totally fair.

Here's a good list of variations on tube prices.

ecc83 - Onlineshop Startseite Tube Amp Doctor Onlineshop

Think I worked it out that at the time I was getting three things looked at and they were about €30 each but including parts. Any of them may have taken less than or more than an hour.
Maybe closer to €30p/h but job could take a lot less or sometimes more than that given hour

last night during my map made a terrible noise that sounded like a fire alarm. It was the same high pitch of a dead tube but it was oscillating instead of one long screech. I turned the amp off and tied to replicate it but couldn't.

Any idea what it was? A power surge maybe? Should I be suing a surge protector with this amp?

last night during my map made a terrible noise that sounded like a fire alarm. It was the same high pitch of a dead tube but it was oscillating instead of one long screech. I turned the amp off and tied to replicate it but couldn't.

Any idea what it was? A power surge maybe? Should I be suing a surge protector with this amp?

You should be suing auto-correct.
Sorry I can't help you with your cartography interests

My amp keeps blowing fuses.
Anyone any experience with jimis for amp repair? Or should I just make the trip across to Nolan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back