Listen very carefully - I shall say zis only wence

• Total voters

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Best Character? (poll coming in a sec)

cast.jpg

Who else loves this show? seeing as the polls are restricted to 10 options it is regrettable but unavoidable that a few characters have had to be left out. i went for my own 10 favorites in the end - a good compromise i think you'll agree.

I dont know yet who I'm going to vote for :confused:

i felt that officer crabtree (i hope that's the english policeman) was a work of genius. the way that while the show was in english but in realtiy they'd all be speaking french that he was mispronoucing the words because they'd be speaking french in reality was just very well done

the fella who played rene lived near me in london when i was small. he lost half of his face when a big advertising board crushed his car during a hurricane just down the road where i lived...

class show

i went for crabtree too, although i could just as easily have voted for any of the others.

my favorite scene is the one where helga, in a tarty coat, pushes a gramaphone up to the POW camp in a pram and puts on a record of lily marlene and mimes along suggestively under the lamp-post at the gate in order to distract the guards so that gruber, disguised as a nun, can get into the camp without being searched too closely.

alloallo_3.jpg

::clef:: Underneath the lamplight
By the barrack gate
Darling I remember
The way you used to wait
Twas there that you whispered tenderly
::clef::

Reminds me of the time I went to see Cannon and Ball in Panto in Manchester. No one does Panto like the Brits. Herr Flick was in it and one of the Nolan Sisters (I think it was Linda but probably Bernie). I think there were some other minor ‘Allo ‘Allo characters in it as well. It was at the height of it.

Gordon Kaye didn’t lose half his face when he was hit by a tree. But it did leave him scarred (droopy wall-eye worse, etc.)and he was out of action for months while he recovered.

You Bollocks,

I thought it was a quiz asking us to match the catchphrase with the character. I got confused and I think I voted for Edith.Who was Rene's wife. It was Michelle the resitence bird who said that wasn't it?
I don't know who I'd actually vote for now t but I'm still....

.|..|GAY FOR GRUBER!!!.|..|

You Bollocks,

I thought it was a quiz asking us to match the catchphrase with the character. I got confused and I think I voted for Edith.Who was Rene's wife. It was Michelle the resitence bird who said that wasn't it?
I don't know who I'd actually vote for now t but I'm still....

.|..|GAY FOR GRUBER!!!.|..|

thick.

good idea all the same though.

Officer Crabtree said:
I will dingle a keerot in front of the dinkey. That is butter. We shall be there very sheetly.

i was just thinkin about this show t'other day.

it was sssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo surreal.

did they mean it?

my favorite scene is the one where helga, in a tarty coat, pushes a gramaphone up to the POW camp in a pram and puts on a record of lily marlene and mimes along suggestively under the lamp-post at the gate in order to distract the guards so that gruber, disguised as a nun, can get into the camp without being searched too closely.
heres helga creating her distraction at the barrack gates
helga-pram.jpg

helga-lamp.jpg

and heres crabtree dingling the keroot in front of the dinkey.
crabtree-carrot-1.jpg

crabtree-carrot-2.jpg

Allo 'Allo due for screen return

BBC News said:
French wartime sitcom 'Allo 'Allo is returning for a one-off special, the BBC has confirmed. The new episode, which will reunite the original cast, is being recorded in Manchester on 22 March and is due to be screened later in the spring.

Gorden Kaye, who played hapless cafe owner Rene Artois in the comedy, will reprise his role.

The series, which made light of the Nazi occupation of France, ran on BBC One from 1982 to 1992.

Catchphrases

The new show will be recorded at the Granada Studios in front of a live studio audience who have been asked to wear fancy dress for the occasion.

The long-running comedy, written by David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd, became famous for the Germans' pursuit of an elusive painting called The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies.

_42657219_nazi_203.jpg

The Nazis were often portrayed as bumbling buffoons

thoughts? could go either way... carmen silvera (sp?) is dead... i hope they just carry on as if it was a regular episode and pretend nothing has changed

is it wrong that i quite fancied herr flick?i guess a lot of stuff started to go wrong for me after that...

understandable i suppose, he's one of the best characters for sure... i never fancied him myself.

20_09.jpg

it was quite good this reunion thing, though quite sad too. most of them are dead and who'd have thought gruber would have wound up chauffeuring mimi la bonk in his retirement. yvette didnt seem to have aged at all and rene's crevasse in his forehead was impresive as battle scars go. a few more classic episodes wouldnt have gone astray

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back