All-Day Noise Event (again) (1 Viewer)

Osimono

Since 2000
Finally it looks like last years proposed all-day noise event will go ahead. Provisional date is most likely a Saturday/Sunday in April/May, and the proposed venue is the Gallery space in the Project Arts Centre in Temple Bar, Dublin. As there will be quite a large number of artists involved (ranging from very prolific to totally unknown), its important that organisation starts now for the event. Anyone outside of Dublin is particularly welcome, we should be able to sort travel fares and possibly put ye up in other folks houses. Also, it looks like everyone will get paid for their involvement. So heres the deal:

We're looking for folk to specifically write sets for this gig, with the general instruction being that you push the boat out as far as you reckon you can go in the particular medium you're used to working in (e.g. this could be solo vocal stuff even, or just electronics, or just acoustic guitar and voice, whatever)..the notion being that we get a load of artists to work the concept of extreme noise/volume/density into their work for this particular gig. So its pretty open ended, but a bit restrictive as well (!)

The more people interested in playing the better, because this should get quite a bit of media coverage and it would be nice to have a really broad representation of folk at work in the country...one thing to bear in mind is this: the more people playing, the more complex the set up, so it might be an idea to use a very simple set-up, or the more simple the set-up the better.

So if anyone's interested, give me a shout - 087 6508581, or email [email protected], and I can fill you in with more info..

Chee-aws

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back