Airbnb (1 Viewer)

Lad I work with did 2 weeks in a house in kerry through airbnb. He said it was mostly fine but the landlady said that there was some friend of hers over from america who is living in a caravan nearby and she would be calling in every day to have her shower. Yer man told her to fuck off, he wasn't paying rent to have some freeloader pop in like that. She told him this woman was just back from helping poor people in india and wasn't it great we had water in this country to offer people who wanted to have a wash, unlike the poor people in india. Clearly this was meant to guilt-trip him into agreeing but he remained steadfast. Gotta love the french. Stubborn shower of bastards!

Lad I work with did 2 weeks in a house in kerry through airbnb. He said it was mostly fine but the landlady said that there was some friend of hers over from america who is living in a caravan nearby and she would be calling in every day to have her shower. Yer man told her to fuck off, he wasn't paying rent to have some freeloader pop in like that. She told him this woman was just back from helping poor people in india and wasn't it great we had water in this country to offer people who wanted to have a wash, unlike the poor people in india. Clearly this was meant to guilt-trip him into agreeing but he remained steadfast. Gotta love the french. Stubborn shower of bastards!

It's a good story.

Yeah, I've been renting out my apartment in Dublin for the past year and a half. Only been doing longer rentals (usually a month at a time), and have never had any problems with it. Anything in particular you wanted to know about it?

Yeah, I've been renting out my apartment in Dublin for the past year and a half. Only been doing longer rentals (usually a month at a time), and have never had any problems with it. Anything in particular you wanted to know about it?

Has it been steady enough? Steady flow of people?

The person I know is in a different situation. Looking to rent a room in his house.

Yeah, I've had a constant stream of people looking for the place. Currently have it booked out til the end of the year, and had to take the listing down as I was getting enquiries into next year and I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue doing this or look into renting out the whole apartment longer term.

I knew people who rented out their spare room for short term rentals and they seemed to always have people there. And this place wasn't slap bang in the city centre or anything. I think they figured that they would only need to have the place rented less than a third of the time to earn what they would have got from a full time tenant, and they always had more than that. Of course there's a lot more cleaning/tidying up to be done between tenants this way, but if you're living in the house, that makes it easier. Also the kind of people who like to stay in other people's houses can be there for the whole 'experience the real Ireland' thing, so as a host you may be expected to act as a tourist information person too in order to get good reviews (Air BnB sells itself as one of those one-big-community types of things, so positive reviews can mean a lot when it comes to getting people to book)

Yeah, I've had a constant stream of people looking for the place. Currently have it booked out til the end of the year, and had to take the listing down as I was getting enquiries into next year and I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue doing this or look into renting out the whole apartment longer term.

I knew people who rented out their spare room for short term rentals and they seemed to always have people there. And this place wasn't slap bang in the city centre or anything. I think they figured that they would only need to have the place rented less than a third of the time to earn what they would have got from a full time tenant, and they always had more than that. Of course there's a lot more cleaning/tidying up to be done between tenants this way, but if you're living in the house, that makes it easier. Also the kind of people who like to stay in other people's houses can be there for the whole 'experience the real Ireland' thing, so as a host you may be expected to act as a tourist information person too in order to get good reviews (Air BnB sells itself as one of those one-big-community types of things, so positive reviews can mean a lot when it comes to getting people to book)

Absolutely perfect.

Thank you.

setting up an account for airbnb. ID Verification is pretty full on. understand giving a photo/official ID scan. No problem. but the page I'm kind of unwilling to accept and which is stalling my ID verification is where 'airbnb would like to' :

764474396-default_scope_icon.png

View your email address
2198139082-icon_info.png

View your basic profile info
2198139082-icon_info.png

View metadata for files and documents in your Google Drive
2198139082-icon_info.png

Manage your contacts
2198139082-icon_info.png

Bit much is it not? anyone want to persuade me otherwise?

setting up an account for airbnb. ID Verification is pretty full on. understand giving a photo/official ID scan. No problem. but the page I'm kind of unwilling to accept and which is stalling my ID verification is where 'airbnb would like to' :

View your email address
2198139082-icon_info.png

View your basic profile info
2198139082-icon_info.png

View metadata for files and documents in your Google Drive
2198139082-icon_info.png

Manage your contacts
2198139082-icon_info.png

Bit much is it not? anyone want to persuade me otherwise?

@pete will know

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back