Ah, gig..November Coming Fire, The Skies Collide, Based On Reason, Breaking The Walls (1 Viewer)

James_sb

Don't think this has been posted yet so here ya go. Here's one for you people who are up to date with upcoming bands, *ahem* 'skies collide'. Enjoy!

November Coming Fire(For Fans Of Bane, Converge, AFI)
Based On Reason
The Skies Collide
Breaking The Walls

Thursday, August 18th
Bohs Bar, Phibsboro
Dublin

8pm

8 Euro

Re: Ah, gig..November Coming Fire, The Skies Collide, Based On Reason, Breaking The W

I think its fair enough if its a travelling band.
Sean (V.D.) said:
I say again: gig in Bohs for 8e? Eh fug off!

hey, im putting the gig on and i know 8 euros is a bit much but NCF are touring and i just found out that apparently On Thin Ice also from the uk are coming......so if they are i need to charge the 8 to give them a few sheckles so i put 8 on the poster..BUT if On Thin Ice are'nt playing it'll be 6....confusing i know but ill keep you posted with the actual price soon...thanks

andy

as far as i know OTI are coming. 8 euros for a touring band is totally fine. what is 8 euros? 5 or 6 sterling?, sounds fine to me.

Denver Max said:
hey, im putting the gig on and i know 8 euros is a bit much but NCF are touring and i just found out that apparently On Thin Ice also from the uk are coming......so if they are i need to charge the 8 to give them a few sheckles so i put 8 on the poster..BUT if On Thin Ice are'nt playing it'll be 6....confusing i know but ill keep you posted with the actual price soon...thanks

andy

Sorry Andy, I was just bitchin cos I didn't know that band was a touring band. 8e is graaaaaaaaaaand. Cya there!

SeanR

Just want to ask a quick question...

What difference does it make if a band is travelling or not? Surely the music is what you pay for when you go to a gig, if the band is excellent and from Kildare or Kent is doesn't really make a difference.. Why would it be "graaand" to pay if bands are travelling but you would complain if they were from Dublin?

Being in a band is a very expensive business and most bands are lucky it doesn't cost them money when they play a gig.

Probably because it costs more to rent a van,get a ferry,and drive hundreds of miles,possibly taking time off work etc,than it does to finish work/school or whatever and get a lift to the gig by mates or walk or get the bus.

Seems fair enough to me.

Re: Ah, gig..November Coming Fire, The Skies Collide, Based On Reason, Breaking The W

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Probably because it costs more to rent a van,get a ferry,and drive hundreds of miles,possibly taking time off work etc,than it does to finish work/school or whatever and get a lift to the gig by mates or walk or get the bus.

Seems fair enough to me.

This is entirely true, but is still perpetuating the whole 'it is ethically wrong to make money off your band, and you should instead work soul-destroying jobs for the man instead' ethic.

Yeah, you make a good point because all you have to do to play a gig is finish school and walk to the gig.. There is no buying equipment, paying for practice every week, new strings, new sticks etc etc (unless you are lucky to have somewhere to practice for free).

Does that mean that if one band is from the country that it is alright to pay into the gig cos they have to travel up to Dublin? Or if one of the lads in the band works nights and has to get time off work that it is ok to pay into the gig?

The point you are making does not make any sense to me. Should you not just be happy to pay into a gig if the music is going to be good? After all it is only an hours work on the minimun wage for a couple of hours of entertainment....

David Maher said:
Yeah, you make a good point because all you have to do to play a gig is finish school and walk to the gig.. There is no buying equipment, paying for practice every week, new strings, new sticks etc etc (unless you are lucky to have somewhere to practice for free).

Gary's point stands as any touring band will also have these standard expenses, but will also have a much higher overhead for the gig due to travelling X hundred miles rather than just 10 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back