AGNOSTIC FRONT - 10 AUG - THE SCENE (1 Viewer)

Like I said,street punk isn't the problem. But,Victim In Pain is probably one of the 5 greatest records of all time. So to hear them playing an abomination like that "Gotta Go" song,well it's just painful.
I did enjoy them last night though. They played more from Victim In Pain/United Blood and even Cause For Alarm (great record) than I hoped for.
That stuff is amazingl, i love victim in pain, fuckin brilliant, they were incredible last night, street punk is my kinda thing, i know its not your kinda thing but either genre of agnostic front is brilliant!!.|..|

I never said streetpunk wasn't my thing. I was in Runnin Riot for the guts of a year. I hardly don't like the style of music.

Like I said,street punk isn't the problem. But,Victim In Pain is probably one of the 5 greatest records of all time. So to hear them playing an abomination like that "Gotta Go" song,well it's just painful.
I did enjoy them last night though. They played more from Victim In Pain/United Blood and even Cause For Alarm (great record) than I hoped for.

That's one of the reasons I didn't go, and any videos I've seen of them playing Cause for Alarm or Victim In Pain songs they just don't sound the same.

I never said streetpunk wasn't my thing. I was in Runnin Riot for the guts of a year. I hardly don't like the style of music.

sorry im just a bit drunk here just realised you were saying that you dont have a problem with street punk a few times there. thats class you were in runnin riot forgot about that i drummed with them for the last gig in the warzone it was great.|..|

sorry im just a bit drunk here just realised you were saying that you dont have a problem with street punk a few times there. thats class you were in runnin riot forgot about that i drummed with them for the last gig in the warzone it was great.|..|

Being in Runnin Riot is like a punk apprenticeship at this stage.

That's one of the reasons I didn't go, and any videos I've seen of them playing Cause for Alarm or Victim In Pain songs they just don't sound the same.
I think the videos always make them seem worse. And they'll never sound like they did way back when,but I always enjoy hearing those songs.
I also reckon they've had so many line ups it could go either way,just depending on who's playing. Last night was a bit more Cause For Alarm than Victim In Pain. It's always good to see a few people out of the woodwork as well. (especially when it gets me out of the woodwork)

i think the variation in styles across their career is a good thing.
i'm equally at home with the early stuff to the street punk stuff to the more metallic sounding current album. i think when a band is around for as long as they have been they need to do that to perhaps keep it a bit more interesting for themselves.

anyway mix it all up for the live set and you've got a winner...which is what we had...and i'd defo go see them again.

i think the variation in styles across their career is a good thing.
i'm equally at home with the early stuff to the street punk stuff to the more metallic sounding current album. i think when a band is around for as long as they have been they need to do that to perhaps keep it a bit more interesting for themselves.

anyway mix it all up for the live set and you've got a winner...which is what we had...and i'd defo go see them again.
thats one opinion ,another being that the band plays whatever they think is popular at the time,at crossover time Af were saying that punk was gettin too restrictive and metal was keepin their music fresh????!!!!!then suddenly 12 or 15 years later its all oi oi street ,theres no harm in variation when a bands bein goin as long as these geniuses but dont just jump on the bandwagon of popularity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back