afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Mostly for fuckery but

Theory, not sourced fact -

What if USA decided it was cheaper to roll over and buy the taliban leaders than it was to stay there and lose moral in the military year after year?

(I'm prepared for the 'I know the taliban and they are sound' responses)

that's an interesting line. Pretty much the only thing I know about the Taliban comes from media depictions, many of which are literal propaganda spread by the country bombing, invading, and occupying them. I think having a skeptical perspective on this should be relatively uncontroversial rather than reason for defensiveness. You don't have to go full indymedia or nothing.

They are basically religious conservatives and if you don't carry a scissors and mirror in your pocket to trim your beard like they do we'll then you barely deserve a hello. But you know we also kicked the Brits out and made a fairly conservative religious country ourselves so maybe they can make a success out of it.
I doubt it will suit everyone though perhaps a certain demographic who may even be in the majority but not everyone in a society with diverse linguistic and cultural groups. Actually it's partly the dynamic between the different forms of Islam who have been at war in a very real and visceral sense apart from geopolitical intrestes that can fuel conflict. Maybe there are some parallels there the between forms of Protestantism and Catholicism or perhaps western Europeans are just to secular and atheist to grasp the issue. I personally wouldn't consider that Ireland does have any sort of guilt or responsibility towards Afghanistan though I think that's a more or less an absurd notion.

They are basically religious conservatives and if you don't carry a scissors and mirror in your pocket to trim your beard like they do we'll then you barely deserve a hello. But you know we also kicked the Brits out and made a fairly conservative religious country ourselves so maybe they can make a success out of it.
I doubt it will suit everyone though perhaps a certain demographic who may even be in the majority but not everyone in a society with diverse linguistic and cultural groups. Actually it's partly the dynamic between the different forms of Islam who have been at war in a very real and visceral sense apart from geopolitical intrestes that can fuel conflict. Maybe there are some parallels there the between forms of Protestantism and Catholicism or perhaps western Europeans are just to secular and atheist to grasp the issue. I personally wouldn't consider that Ireland does have any sort of guilt or responsibility towards Afghanistan though I think that's a more or less an absurd notion.
the term 'Taliban' is so lazy.
I call them 'The so called 'The Taliban''

making a big issue of Afghanistan now is silly. the damage was done decades back and the media still just don't get it. very little attempt to report anything going on outside the vicinity of Kabul airport.

millions got killed in DR Congo and few western journalists went near the place. often the genocide there went weeks without being mentioned on news.

Mostly for fuckery but

Theory, not sourced fact -

What if USA decided it was cheaper to roll over and buy the taliban leaders than it was to stay there and lose moralE in the military year after year?

Ok moderatly more sourceable now.

Ok moderatly more sourceable now.
I guess the only bit I'd be curious about is the "losing moralE" part.

US Army types, and Airforce I suppose, on the whole are not deep thinkers. They do what they're told, they think what they're told, believe in God because that's what they're told, they vote Republican because they're not pussies, and so on.

If the transparent cycnicsim of relentlessly bombing some random bit of desert to ensure healthy Lockheed quarterly profits becomes clear to those guys, you've got a problem.

No Pressure

NINTCHDBPICT000676220616.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back