advice on scrapping a car... (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
hey hey.

I haven't got a clue when it comes to this shit. I have this deadly old '90 corolla that I basically stopped using around january. they don't make 'em like they used to etc. I had been planning to just sell it on or something but I kind of forgot to run it over regularly and now it's basically dead. reckon the starter or fuel pump might be fucked. fixable but probably not worth it. so the alternative is scrapping the bastard because it can't stay in my yard forever.

so, anyone got any advice about scrapping a car? if I can get rid of it for free, cool. if I can get a few quid for scrap, deadly! all advice welcome. ta. dar :)

if you just forgot to run it over then its most likely the battery, easy to fix, if its spinning and wint start then there couldbe dirt thats getting in to it and needs to be drained, if none of this works then the fuses might be danp, guessing you know where these are but just incase you'll find them near your glove compartment, sounds easily fixable tho

oh also as its likely to be the battery you'll need a long charge and try to drive it for about an hour when its running to get it full charged

if you get it going you will be able to sell for a few hundred to a young boy racer.
i have an old car lying around in the driveway for ages now and one day the "travellers" came calling to see could they take it away (i assume that is all they wanted and were not scoping out my house!!!!which of course they were)

so Plug - you could just ask the "travellers" to take it away for ya

If you've an old car you want rid of you can donate it to the Fire Brigade, and they will take it and use it for practicing emergency rescues and stuff.
And then they will dispose of it properly.

Not that I am implying that the Travelers would drag it into a bog and leave it there.

Just get it to the top of a hill, turn the key in the ignition, put it into second gear keep your foot on the clutch, get your mates to push it and when you are going fast enough let off the clutch and press the accelerator. That should get it started, give it a good drive around the place and then put it in the buy and sell for cheap.

ta folx.

just to clarify: battery's fine. it's definitely something else. as I said probably fixable but possibly not worth the effort. might try anyway as I usually have nothing better to do. I'm trying to suss out how much a running one goes for... nothing on carzone or buy and sell so far. hmm.

alternate solution: flame?

and oh yeah, it's a carina! not a fucking corolla... not the first time I've done that. :rolleyes:

ah, travellers... leave anything standing still long enough and they'll be around. anyone ever been to rathkeale? red hair and uk transit vans as far as the eye can see. I remember working in a petrol station in limerick years ago; a convoy of them came into the city for the parade, dressed up in matching his 'n' hers 3 piece emerald green pinstripe suits with pocket watches and everything. "five pound o' diesel dere boss". mad.

Sure, you could park it in the airport when you get it started. And then, er, lose your ticket, thereby making it more difficult for people to park.

Stick it to the man and all that.

Charge up the battery or even try jump starting it. The oil will probably need to be changed as it's probably turned to gunk at this stage.

And petrol. Don't forget petrol.

The wife got her old car taken away by the council years ago. It was fairly cheap, and I think she just had to leave it roadside.
Ring your local county council and see if they do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back