Ads you HATE!! (1 Viewer)

prefuse

Ads using Queen music.
Queen were a great band. I'm a fan.....but for me overexposure fatigue is kicking in and I can't switch or skip the ad quick enough now. The whole heritage music act business model of wringing every last penny for these bands is getting on my nerves. The musical, the movie, the ads, the video game, the box sets, the fucking hologram tour......Queen were always rampant capitalists, I know, but it's irritating.

Last edited:

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
"Is he really coming Mum?"
"Eh no actually he rang yesterday and said he fucking hates you and never wants to see you again, you little dickhead"
Is it just me or does the grandad look a bit off in this one? Like the reason he's so late is because he was down in the pub all night. It creeps me out every time.

Lili Marlene

He don't like his boring job, no
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Ads using Queen music.
Queen were a great band. I'm a fan.....but for me overexposure fatigue is kicking in and I can't switch or skip the ad quick enough now. The whole heritage music act business model of wringing every last penny for these bands is getting on my nerves. The musical, the movie, the ads, the video game, the box sets, the fucking hologram tour......Queen were always rampant capitalists, I know, but it's irritating.
I can't remember if it was some insurance company or what but whoever was using that Don't Stop Me Now soundalike cover that lasted all of about 5 seconds right at the end of their advert a few years back, so bad it was good for me.

nuke terrorist

Supporter
Ads using Queen music.
a moot point but I can't remember a time when there wasn't loads of Queen songs on adverts.
the first time I heard Another One Bites The Dust was on a Persil washing powder advert.
I Want To Break Free ? A Seat car advert
Don't Stop Me Now ? Club Orange advert circa 1984 set in a school.

this is all in the mid 80's.
only Iggy gives them a run for their money when it comes to flogging his songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads