Adam Clayton finally read his bank statement (1 Viewer)

philbrooks

Adam Clayton sues bank over missing €4m
Posted Tue 6 Jul 2010 11:27 BST by Music Editor in Behind The Music
U2 bassist Adam Clayton is suing his bank after his personal assistant was accused of withdrawing €4m (£3,320,202) from his account over a five-year period.

Clayton had given his former PA Carol Hawkins full authorisation to operate his bank accounts but said he "couldn't be bothered" to read his statements which would have shown that money was being drained from his account.

Bank of Ireland Private Banking barrister Michael McDowell said Mr Clayton seemed to think the bank should have noticed more than €4m (£3,320,202) was "haemorrhaging" from his accounts between 2004 and 2009.

The guitarist was also accused of "putting the cart before the horse" in trying to fast-track this "derivative" case against the bank and his accountants when his separate action against Ms Hawkins had yet to be heard.

The guitarist brought a claim against Ms Hawkins last year in which he alleges she bought a New York apartment in his name and also spent €900 (£747) a month on a horse racing syndicate.

Clayton had been aware of missing funds after Ms Hawkins confessed in September 2008 to stealing "about €15,000" (£12,450) but he allegedly made no effort to inform his bank of the incident.

It is now claimed that in fact €4.3 (£3,569,217) million was missing in October 2008, while a further €450,000 (£373,522) had disappeared by October 2009.

An application to have the case fast-tracked has been refused and the case will now go to the High Court instead.

Heart bleeds for the lad

if I was him I'd be doing my fucking nut.

fuck her..thieving cunt

So what if he's a trusting bloke with more money than sense...dosent sound to me like he's in the wrong here or am I missing something cos I'm a bit locked...

Sorry to rain on your parade Philbrooks but you sound like a fucking eejit right about now.

MORNIN'.....Jaysis sneaks, Brooks made a fairly humorous and relevant point...I have limited sympathy for the Claymeister coz I'm not a negligent multi-millionaire, tho I'd sympathise w anyone who experiences the loss of a red cent to NTL/SKY/UPC especially thru their own negligence. She'll get hers, no doubt and good enough for her, but if you don't check your millions while the world is going thru a financial crisis you're easy pickings.

Hope the NY apt is nice tho.

I dont know what the fuck NTL has to do with anything tbh but yer woman was fucking robbing the bloke,made doubly worse cos she did it from a position of trust.

I'm not in love with Claymation or anything but he dosent seem like a bad lad to me.

I think you're missing the gist of teh article Shneaky. Clayton is suing the bank cos they didn't notice irregularities in his account when he himself couldn't be bothered to check it. Why should they? What a fucking tosser.

Oh right.........my bad...hes a cunt.....soz Philbrooks...I'll try not to let that happen again.

I dont know what the fuck NTL has to do with anything tbh but yer woman was fucking robbing the bloke,made doubly worse cos she did it from a position of trust.

I'm not in love with Claymation or anything but he dosent seem like a bad lad to me.

I'm surey Adam is happy dat u dont think of him as a bad bloke....sigh.

oh oh...I think I may be a blairwitch project......

Poor Adam I hope he catches up with that thief and socks him a killer bassline.

I think you're missing the gist of teh article Shneaky. Clayton is suing the bank cos they didn't notice irregularities in his account when he himself couldn't be bothered to check it. Why should they? What a fucking tosser.
i'm not going to blame him for not checking his account, given he had an accountant to do that, but it does seem a bit rich blaming the bank - unless the transactions did behave in a manner which should have tripped their anti-fraud alarms.

How much of a sap does he look showing up every day with his Da/big brother Paul McGuinness crying "That's the girl that stole my money"

294249_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back