Adam Ant's at it again (1 Viewer)

ah god, I've had enough of this actually. To hell with this thread, i'll bump it again when it's all over

ah god, I've had enough of this actually. To hell with this thread, i'll bump it again when it's all over

Do you mean what I think you mean?

Or am I barking up the wrong anthill?

according to those that know him well that's not an impossibility.

But that wasn't what I was getting at

I just watched those videos...fairly fecking grim.....

I think I may also leave this alone now...

58993fe6e67321912cae3d5ffd4c940e.jpg

Dave Hill from Slade

and it was like "Wow". Funnily enough, you know when you don't know who's watching ya? Marc Pirroni from Adam and the Ants.. I don't know if you know him at all, but he was watching Top of the Pops..
25953_1efd39bdb1924fb1767c9ca3f2981582_small_2.jpg
"Entertaining people is just a great thing really, 'cos when you're entertaining, you get it back."

"Stand and Deliver"... Yeah. He was watching me. I didn't know him, but I saw him make himself a success. A great band was Adam and the Ants, who had a great look, and then I met Marc. Oddly enough, what happened was I sold the guitar to a shop in Birmingham up in Broad Street, and it was in the window. The shop used to use my guitar as their calling card, and Adam and the Ants were playing in town. Marc Pirroni was just looking at some guitars, 'cos he collected 'em. It was in the window, and he went "Blinkin' hell". I think the story goes that he said "What do you want for that guitar? I want it" (laughs). He bought it,

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/interviews/25929-60-seconds-marco-pirroni

What was the flashest thing you bought?

My guitar collection’s excessive. I had 400 at one point. They were kept in warehouses all across the world. At the end I thought: ‘This is just stupid, it’s getting in the way, I’ve got too much stuff.’ I’ve only got 100 now. I own Dave Hill from Slade’s guitar – Superyob. It’s at home in a pink-lined silver case with a glittery strap. I never use it but it’s a nice thing to have because I was a glam-rock fan. You see the guitar on Top Of The Pops and it’s like a dream come true to have it.

all interviews with Marco are brilliant. I'd recommend googling around for them

These ones on punk77 are good

http://www.punk77.co.uk/groups/models_marco_pirroni_interview.htm

http://www.punk77.co.uk/groups/models_marco_pirroni_interview2006.htm

What about your swastika backdrop …
We had swastika everything. But that was only for two gigs.

I've been to Auschwitz but I was too scared to go in. I simply don't have the words to describe what just seeing it from the outside was like. We were ignorant kids and Siouxsie does not have to justify it. Just admit it, we were thick.

It's not really laugh out loud funny but he always has interesting things to say

I wonder what he was up to that caused that...they cant section you for being a mouth surely?

there's been nothing official said yet. It'll all come out over the next few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back