Acts touring that don't come here (1 Viewer)

I remember for first tune or two thinking Flipper were dreadful,and then the penny dropped. IT'S FLIPPER,THEY SHOULD BE DREADFUL. All of a sudden I loved them.
I think I've retrospectively done that in the years since. I didn't own any of their albums at the time and now that I know those really well, I think I'd get a lot more out of that same performance. Would give the current line-up a go if they came here to see how I got on.

Thought Flipper were an endurance test of ill-conceived, half-arsed slurry.

Couldn't wait for them to finish. It was like enduring some interminable, banal sonic hell.

Must check them out again.

David Yow should only ever front the Jesus Lizard. Or Scratch Acid. Still I'm curious. Am I?

The only time I’ve seen Yow was with his band Qui. They were fun but I didn’t feel like I was getting the true Yow wow factor.

In Whelan's? Paltry audience. Highlight was when he twisted around in front of some punter at the front and knocked the hat off his head!

Some time later watching the Jesus Lizard in the old Temple Bar was serious, serious craic. Fuckin' hell. They were on it from the get-go and it seemed like Yow was in on top of the audience within two minutes flat. Afterwards, I recall a few young ones chatting him in the lobby. Slick customer.

Some time later watching the Jesus Lizard in the old Temple Bar was serious, serious craic. Fuckin' hell. They were on it from the get-go and it seemed like Yow was in on top of the audience within two minutes flat. Afterwards, I recall a few young ones chatting him in the lobby. Slick customer.

was at that. great show

Dexys

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd love to go and hear a load of shit songs, wondering when they might play something we know, but then never do

shut the fuck up.

Best live gigs you've ever seen, stop pretending they weren't.

Interesting though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My take on that album, glad you asked, is that the songs that were written for that sound specifically [The Celtic Soul Brothers, All in All (This One Last Wild Waltz), I'll Show You, Old, and Come On Eileen] are perfect, the songs that had existed in a previous form and were shoehorned into the new sound (Let's Make This Precious, Plan B, Liars A to E, Until I Believe in My Soul) are better in their previous incarnations but are still very, very strong sounding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back