Acts touring that don't come here (1 Viewer)

She's probably pissed off that we got to see that first gig for so cheap.
I'm sure if she does come back it'll, at the very least, be in the olympia, though I reckon she'd fill the grand canal theatre no bother.

I got a ticket for manchester. It's the bank holiday monday so should be cheap enough to get over for a night.

the sea and cake, yet again.

still just that one kilkenny date to their name in 25 years as a band.

might go to liège or utrecht on the bank holiday weekend.

THE SEA AND CAKE - EUROPEAN TOUR
26 May - Paris (FR)
27 May - Lisbon, ZDB (PT)
28 May - Madrid, El Sol (ES)
29 May - Barcelona, Primavera Sound (ES)
31 May - Berlin, Frannz Club (DE)
1 June - Frankfurt, Zoom (DE)
2 June - Liège, Reflektor (BE)
3 June - Utrecht, Helling (NL)
4 June - Koln, Luxor (DE)
5 June - London, MOTH Club
6 June - Leeds, The Brudenell Social Club

Bah humbug. Tweeted @foggynotions a while back when tour was being booked. Looking like a trip to Primavera will be on the cards this year.

So many bands that tour Europe and no promoter seems to be interested in even putting out the feelers for putting them and similar bands on. Maybe this proves the point that this country is too small to make a living from original music. Maybe unless you go through ticketbastard and up your tickets / advance to a scandalous price

There also seems to be a catch, where certain bands and their booking agencies prob charge to much for smaller diy promoters,yet, mightn't be big enough for the more established "commercial" shall we say, promoters to pick them up. It's pricey to get here for a lot of bands. Put on many, that probably just broke even, financially. Where as they could just play extra one or two gigs in Uk & make some money.

We still have a culture of a assuming musicians have nothing better to do than to maybe get paid for a show if paying everyone else in the whole building works out ok, which is madness in the purest form, I can't see how a promoter can simultaneously have one toe in that world and then expect to raise pay+ferry and accommodation for a touring band with seemingly raising prices a scandalous amount.

I firmly believe Irish music should go on strike entirely.

We still have a culture of a assuming musicians have nothing better to do than to maybe get paid for a show if paying everyone else in the whole building works out ok, which is madness in the purest form, I can't see how a promoter can simultaneously have one toe in that world and then expect to raise pay+ferry and accommodation for a touring band with seemingly raising prices a scandalous amount.

I firmly believe Irish music should go on strike entirely.

promoters aren't responsible for paying anyone other than the musician though, are they? Once they've booked and paid for the venue, I mean. As distinct from venue bookers who could, and probably do, have a responsibility to everyone working at a gig.

The types of bands mentioned in this thread would largely not have any problem filling whatever sized venue is appropriate for them to play in. Thus, in most cases, it's unlikely to be the money that prevents them from coming here. Which means its either that they haven't appeared on the radar of any promoter, or else they just can't be arsed hauling themselves over here just to play 1 or 2 shows. Or, if they do, just wait for festival season where you get paid shitloads for doing fuck all.

promoters aren't responsible for paying anyone other than the musician though, are they? Once they've booked and paid for the venue, I mean.

This is what i'm talking about. If you are promoting a gig and aren't prepared to front the musicians a guarantee while guaranteeing the venue then you need to look long and hard at what it is you are trying to achieve, what you are actually promoting and what you are perpetuating in music in Ireland.

To me, its not outlandish to think that bands would want to play Ireland for bragging rights with a little tweaking of the mechanics of how we treat musicians at ground level.

So many bands that tour Europe and no promoter seems to be interested in even putting out the feelers for putting them and similar bands on. Maybe this proves the point that this country is too small to make a living from original music. Maybe unless you go through ticketbastard and up your tickets / advance to a scandalous price

The tour bookers for the most part just avoid Ireland as it's expensive to get to and takes extra time so easier to book a two week tour in Europe and maybe UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back