AC/DC - Let There Be Rock (1977) (1 Viewer)

This is a terrific album by one of the greatest boogie rock bands yet.
Can't fault it.Even by AC/DC standards..and they are some high standards.

5/5

Got a few songs in for my first listen on way to work today. I love the guitar sounds and the playing is great and yes it is boogie-woogie. It all sounds quite quaint, but it's good fun.
For anyone else like me who is clueless on AC/DC, that Aussie Rock doc (posted by johnnystress) is a must watch.

the vocals on that crabsody song are bizarre

it sounds like baby jane

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not my favourite ACDC album. As others have said, Powerage is better and I'd prefer Highway To Hell too. It's a bit of a game of two halves as well. I think the first two songs are rubbish (too close to bog standard blues rock) and next two not that much better. However, Problem Child, Overdose and Hell Ain't are all amazing (don't have the version with Crabsody). Quintessential ACDC. Whole Lotta Rosie is a song I never, ever need to hear ever again.

Ye
Powerage IS better.

I know it is. I agree with Hugh though, Let there Be Rock would probably the fourth best AC/DC record for me. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be is one of my favourite AC/DC songs but Go Down and Bad Boy Boogie are throwaways. A Whole Lot of Rosie is also a song I never need to hear again ever.

PS - what's so good about Crabsody in Blue? Another sub-par blues number to be fair.

I will never tire of hearing Whole Lotta Rosie.

That is,as they say on the internet,my jam

crazy talk. I had this pumping out of the car last night, everyone on the street turned their heads to see who the COOL BASTARD playing let there be rock was.

Well it was me Dublin. Get used to it.

Bon Scott's delivery of 'even my mother hates me' towards the end of problem child always gives me a chuckle. the phrase is so...nice. it typifies the ethos of the band.

Yeah I'm the same, it's a bit meh. It's kind of a fun listen though, the whole "bad boy boogie" thing is quite funny.
I was subjected to Whole Lotta Rosie countless lunch times at mates houses back in school, so I really don't need to hear that again.

I never need to hear the Live version of Rosie again. But I enjoy this studio version whenever I hear it. The closing solo is amazing and the whole thing is much more ferocious. It's so powerful that it takes me out of moment and I forget I'm hearing Whole Lotta Rosie, the intro seems hours away.

........and then I watch this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phil Witschke,7 minutes and he doesn't hit a single tom!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back