A U2 Thread (1 Viewer)

I came across the work of this photographer yesterday and thought "this looks familiar"
simon-marsden-moydrum-castle-county-westmeath-ireland.jpg

AS it turns out U2 hired a photographer to capture the exact same shot, same angle, same filters etc for the cover of The Unforgettable Fire
The_Unforgettable_Fire.png

He sued them and won.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bono's interview with Brendan there before the Christmas was pretty interesting

I mean he's still up his own hole a bit, but honestly who isn't?

Brendan is a light enough hand though

Produced and compiled by The Edge the super deluxe edition of Songs of Surrender is available as a 4CD or 4LP vinylS box set and features 40 tracks arranged into individual band volumes (presumably their favourite tracks) including ‘With Or Without You’, ‘Beautiful Day’, ‘Where The Streets Have No Name’, ‘One’, ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’, ‘Pride (In The Name Of Love)’, alongside fan favourites such as ‘Stories For Boys’, ‘Bad’, & ‘Desire’. Both super deluxe editions are numbered.
This release is also available as a single CD edition, of which there are two: a 20-track deluxe and a 16-track standard version. The 16-track selection is also repeated on a 2LP vinylS version.

jesus

Thank you
I was wondering

I almost feel for them, in that they kind of have nothing left to say musically
Sure they’ve been releasing music for forty years or more at this stage and no one really has an appetite for new material by them. Could see them retiring in the next few years

Sure they’ve been releasing music for forty years or more at this stage and no one really has an appetite for new material by them. Could see them retiring in the next few years

Yeah, for sure

Like in fairness to them, they went away after almost every record and thought about who they were and what they had to say
I mean they weren't exactly Bowie on the reinvention scale, but it's how they came up with Rattle & Hum, Zooropa and all that gear. How do we keep people interested in us?
What do people want from us?

And they have had that convo after a few failed reboots and the answer is clearly "they just want us to play the hits"

They had a good 25 years of people being into the new stuff, easily as late as How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, which is more than almost any group or artist at that worldwide scale. That's Paul McCartney levels of success.

It must feel awful to get to that place, especially when you're probably convinced you beat it.

Should have done that 25 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back