A U2 Thread (1 Viewer)

I like em. Most bands of their size (rolling stones, Bon Jovi) have be resting on they're laurels for years , but U2 are still trying. Musically they are still striving for something. Doesn't always work. I think what get's up people's noses is the blatant ambition. Maybe that's one of the reasons the americans liked them so much. Irish & english people are suspicious of ambitious people, americans are not.

They may be trying but they are very very far from succeeding so they are still shit in my book.

To continue .. anything good that U2 might have going for them (i.e. some good tunes, willingness to experiment musically, the only band ever to try and do something interesting with stadium rock) is completely and irrevocably cancelled out by the fact that they have the most incredibly annoying preening twat of all time as a front-man. It is simply not possible to get beyond this.

IF ONLY THERE WAS A BIG WALL THAT WOULD BE LIKE THE WAILING WALL ONLY FOR U2 FANS RATHER THAN FANS OF JESUS (SAME THING REALLY)

Eh I don't think the Jewish people are big fans of Jesus.

The edge was very polite and thankful when I was doing some work in his gaff so he gets a free pass but the band are still shite.

Very nice and very big, I'd prefer Bono's gaff though it'd be with Edge's guitar collection.

The Old Dublin Town twitter feed has gone U2-tastic

Old DublinTown. com (@OldDublinTown) on Twitter
Can no one help these poor people?

CUfuAn-WoAAEoW7.jpg:large

Fair fucks to them all the same. They have enough of the old stuff to keep it interesting for even the most cynical of pricks (ie: me)

Is that Lou Reed to your right?
To my right is my Dad

Dude on the right of the photo is the scion of a pub-owning family in Swords

It was a big group we were staying with, for a specific event. One of whom was Larry Mullen Sr.
I know I tried to act cool about this. I'm sure I failed miserably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back