A U2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Alright in the beginning, crap recently, very interesting around discovery of irony/Zooropa/Zoo TV, Pop is alright.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Please
Wake Up Dead Man

all deadly. Staring at The Sun was awful shite though. its like they have no idea which of their songs are good and which are shite.

I also though Stuck In A Moment That You Can't Get Out Of (or whatever it is) was great. Don't think i've heard anything they've done since the day they played Elevation on the roof of the clarion. I like that song too.

Listening to Pop now. I hate big 90s drums

and Bono is a bit of an arsehole but does some good so fair play to him

Seems like Bono was a slightly tiresome, overly earnest guy who loosened up and started to parody an obnoxious rock star and then became an actual obnoxious rock star.

Sound right?

Uh oh. I think I've just started to find Bono interesting. What should I do?

Edit: (thanks thread)

the first U2 album that I didn't buy (and still the only one that I haven't got) is the last one.

I did buy the Atomic Bomb one but never listened to it, and the one with Beautiful Day on it but got fed up after about 2 listens.

IMO buying an album and never listening to it teaches the band a far more valuable lesson than not buying it in the first place. IMO.

I didn't buy New Line On The Horizon either. I bought the two before that on vinyl but New Line was very pricey.

the joshua tree was the first album i ever bought (read: had bought for me).
i like the rattle and hum movie much more than most people older than me. i think i was just young enough to get the most out of it at the time.

The way we used to write U2 as kids. This was on an old copy book. I clearly wasn't as artistic as some of the others....

attachment

Alright in the beginning, crap recently, very interesting around discovery of irony/Zooropa/Zoo TV, Pop is alright.

my 13th birthday present from my parents was bringing me to my first concert in 1993 to the ZooTV tour. up the front on me dad's shoulder's. fucking amazing.
he was crippled for days after the poor man.

saw them in croke park with the hothouse flowers, christy moore & the pretenders. a grand day out.

The worst part is that because Bono is a near billionaire and has the means to do this forever, and Larry leaving was the only possibility of them ever breaking up (but he won't now because they're "rawk" again) we're going to have to put up with this shite for years.

They're their generations Rolling Stones - people will pack sold-out stadiums for years to come without any knowledge of, or giving a fuck about what songs they've released in the recent past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back