A Night In Memory Of Derrick Dalton (1 Viewer)

What a really great gig. It could have ended up a downbeat evening but instead there was a really cordial atmosphere. The music was top notch. Dinah Brand were very good - really looking forward to the new album coming out next week (so are loads of other people from what i can gather). Hadn't seen Thread Pulls before: music really got everyone going and two guys on a stage full of equipment gave the whole thing a sort of 'artists in studio' look about it. Very impressed. Richer Than Astronauts - my new favourite irish band. Mark was effectively the 'best man' for the evening's proceedings and Mike Stanley's bass playing was sweet. Two crumb tunes was a great way to finish.

Laura and Thomas stomping on the pedals as if they were rainy-day puddles topped it off.

I had to leave after RTA, so sorry to miss the rest of the night.

dudley said:
highlight was laura doing her mark e smith impression and fucking with the gear onstage

Ha I'll be in the fall next. total punk rock. i thought michael stanley was going to deck me for dancin on the pedals. the janglebox never got so much stomping on.

thanks for everyone for coming down, whelans was packed. only 15 records left at the end of the night. you can buy records from yesboyicecream.com

also if anyone didn't buy a ticket shame on you, i will track you down and embarrass you all into giving me money for aware.

big thanks to rta, dinah brand, little beauties, threadpulls, leagues, alistair and garry.

great reviews so far for the aeromodeller album. may the music play on.

bye

laura

Gag of the night from Snaky - "I think it's good that all proceeds are going to A-wear".

I'd go for your own comment to me - "Hugh! I've finally found out who you remind me of. General Custer!"

between théoden theking of rohan and general cluster, it's obvious hugh takes all his personal grooming tips from great military strategists.

I'd go for your own comment to me - "Hugh! I've finally found out who you remind me of. General Custer!"

Ah Hugh, I laughed so much at this I spat some of me dinner on the computer. fucking classic. you should demand that Large Mound play with Dinosaur Jr next time, that way you, General Custer, and J Mascais, who is Sitting Bull, can at last have that rematch that history has so long been denied.
Well done to Laura on her tireless promoting of such a great gig, and all those involved, twas a great night, especially Dinah Brand, and within that, especially the Lacey bass action/Hennessey keyboard wizardry, amazing. Lovely to see so many old friends again. and then Mackey turned up....

the bearded lady said:
Ah Hugh, I laughed so much at this I spat some of me dinner on the computer. fucking classic. you should demand that Large Mound play with Dinosaur Jr next time, that way you, General Custer, and J Mascais, who is Sitting Bull, can at last have that rematch that history has so long been denied.
Well done to Laura on her tireless promoting of such a great gig, and all those involved, twas a great night, especially Dinah Brand, and within that, especially the Lacey bass action/Hennessey keyboard wizardry, amazing. Lovely to see so many old friends again. and then Ross turned up....

The bearded lady is back... god help everyone...

mr_burns.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back